To help make this process even easier, we'll provide a handy checklist so you can mark off each task in the process as it is completed. The checklist will be available closer to the end of 2022 - look out for our email!
Before the New Year
Complete the following tasks (1 to 5) before the new year begins.
Task 1: Ensure you are running the latest Minfos version
On the bottom of your Minfos Launch Pad, check the version of your software is the latest version available. To confirm the latest version, please refer to the current release notes.
Task 2: Review and reconcile owing prescriptions
Owing prescriptions dispensed prior to the End-of-Year and reconciled after 1 January 2023, will retain the correct pricing when the Owing Script Enquiry and Received Script options are used to process the prescription. If you delete the owing prescription dispensed in 2022 and re-dispense the item in 2023 the PBS and customer price will change.
Task 3: Review scripts waiting at the Till
Generate an Uncollected Scripts report, review and action any prescriptions that should not be waiting at the Till (prescriptions which have been collected by the customer and not rung up).
Prices of scripts waiting at the Till will not change when carried over into the first claim of the New Year.
Refer to Uncollected Scripts Report if you need assistance.
Task 4: Start your first dispense claim for the year 2023
Warning Your last claim should be closed on or after the 26th of December as the last claim checkbox will only be enabled when selecting New Claim from the 26th of December to the 31st of January (inclusive).
To start a new claim:
1. From Manage Claims, click New Claim.
The Start New Claim window is displayed.
The checkbox displays the following text:
Select this checkbox if this is your last claim of the year. Selecting this option will change the New Claim number format. Check the New Claim number carefully to ensure that it is the claim number you expected.
2. Select the checkbox.
- The checkbox will only be enabled when starting a New Claim from the 26th of December to the 31st of January (inclusive).
- Selecting the checkbox will update the format of your Claim Reference number. For example, if your current claim reference number is 22 and the checkbox is ticked then your next claim number will be 2301.
3. Click New Claim.
When the checkbox is selected and the New Claim button is selected, the Last Claim prompt is displayed:
4. Click the OK button to start a New Claim as per current process.
5. Edit and close your claim as per your normal processes.
Note Closing your last claim prior to 26 December will result in the claim number format remaining the same. For example, if your current claim reference number is 2025 then your next claim number will be 2026. The next time you start a new claim, prior to 31 January, you can select the last claim of the year checkbox to update the format of the claim number. For more information about the claims process in Minfos, refer to Introduction to Managing Claims.
Warning Ensure that you do not select the Last claim of the year checkbox more than once during the period of 26 December to 31 January, as the number sequence increases each time the checkbox and New Claim button are selected. For example, the first time the last claim of the year checkbox is selected the New Claim number should be 2301, but if selected a second time, the number will be 2401. If this occurs in your pharmacy, the number cannot be reverted back and the number sequence will remain.
Note To assist with referencing the year, the new claim number will typically begin with ‘23’, for the year 2023. However, if it does not then do not be concerned as this number is for reference only and has no impact on your claim. DO NOT CLOSE ANOTHER CLAIM to try and correct the claim number.
Task 5: Close all Minfos modules
Close all Minfos programs and services.
- Automation Manager
- PBS Online
- Minfos Back Office Service Manager
Follow your normal end of day procedure of logging out of all Minfos modules including the PDA Wireless Server.
Note Only 2 connections should be displayed on your Minfos Server: PBS Online and Minfos Back Office Service Manager
First working day of the New Year
Complete the following tasks (6, 7 & 8) before trading on the first working day of the New Year.
Task 6: Check that the January dispense updates were imported
Minfos software is configured to automatically download dispense updates and import the file as part of the overnight process on the last night of the month.
To check that the January dispense updates imported successfully:
From Dispense Pro :
1. Click on Maintenance menu and select D. Configuration.
The Configuration window is displayed, with the Pharmacy Details tab in focus.
2. In the Dispense Updates group box, check that the Last Dispense Update date is 31/12/2022 or 01/01/2023.
3. Check the ! Dispense Updated stockcard in Product Maintenance to ensure it says 01/01/2023. Do NOT use this option if you are a slave Multi-store site.
Note If your dispense updates were not successfully imported, manually download and import the dispense updates. Refer to Manual Dispense Updates for more information.
Task 7: Check that the End-of-Year process ran correctly
The End-of-Year process runs during the End of Day process on the evening of 31 December and resets every customer’s Safety Net amount.
- General customers who had qualified for a Safety Net Concession card are reverted to General.
- Concession customers who had qualified for a Safety Net Entitlement card are reverted to Concession.
- DVA customers (depending on their Centrelink entitlements) who had qualified for either a Safety Net Concession or Entitlement card, have their Safety Net number cleared, and are reverted to their normal DVA status.
You can verify that the End-of-Year process ran correctly by selecting a customer who had reached their Safety Net last year, and then check that their Current Status has reset.
If you do not know which of your customers have reached their Safety Net limit, you can run a Customer Details report and check that none of your customers have Entitlement numbers.
To run a Customer Details report and check that the End-of-Year process ran correctly:
1. From Dispense Pro, click the Reports menu, click 3. Customers and select 4. Customer Details Report.
The Patient Report window is displayed.
2. Click the Format dropdown and select 1. Patient Con/Ent/Rep Numbers Report.
3. Click Okay to run the report.
The Customer Con/Ent/Rep Numbers report is displayed.
4. Scroll through the report and check that none of your customers have “SN” numbers in the Entitlement No. column.
5. Click Close to close the report.
Successful End-of-Year process If the Entitlement No. column is empty for all customers – the End-of-Year process was successful. If the Entitlement No. column contains a number for one or more customers - the End-of-Year process was unsuccessful. Refer to Run the End-of-year Process Manually.
Task 8: Check that the Government fees have been updated
From Dispense Pro:
1. Click the Maintenance menu and select C. Options.
2. Check that the fees on the Options window match the fees listed on the PBS website.
If the fees match:
3. Click Cancel, to close the Options window. The End-of-Year process is now complete.
If the fees DO NOT match:
1. Match the fees contained in the Options window to those listed on the PBS website.
2. Check your pharmacy’s Co-Payment Discount value and change if required. If the Use Max Allowed checkbox has been previously checked and the maximum allowed value has increased the value should have updated automatically. If the Use Max Allowed checkbox was not previously checked the value will not change.
3. Change the Allowable Ext Fee to the value required by your pharmacy or select the Use max. allowed govt. fee option.
4. Click Okay to save your changes and close the Options window. The End-of-Year process is now complete.
If the fees are still incorrect, submit a ticket with Minfos Support.