The current 15c electronic prescription fee (EPF) paid to pharmacies via the Community Pharmacy Agreement will end on 30 June 2023. There will be no charge for dispensing with the national Prescription Delivery Service starting 1 July 2023. Please update to Minfos 7.6.2 prior to 30 June 2023 to update the 15c to 0c. Minfos will continue to display the EPF value so you can view it for past scripts.
If you do not update to 7.6.2 prior to this date Minfos will continue to apply 15c to scanned scripts. This could impact reporting and accounting and will not be able to be reversed.
From 7.6.2 you can search for a drug by Streamlined Code on the Dispense Form.
In the Drug field enter * ([Shift + 8] or * on the number pad) as a prefix to the Streamlined Code and press [Tab]. The Possible Matches Found window is displayed and Minfos will return PBS Codes that are only associated with the entered code.
If the dispenser searches for a streamlined code and no match is found, the following Streamlined Code Search prompt is displayed. Click OK and search for a valid streamlined code.
When the streamlined code is no longer valid, and no matches can be found the following Streamlined Code Search prompt is displayed. Click OK and search for a valid streamed code.
For more information refer to Dispense by Streamlined Code.
An increasing number of PBS items are only available on the PBS as ‘Supply Only’ for 6 months after the item is removed for prescribing, not the previous standard of 12 months. A patient may present a prescription that has not expired but is not available for dispensing on the PBS. To assist with understanding when an item is no longer available on the PBS, we have updated the behaviour when these items are dispensed.
- For internally dispensed repeats, i.e., those dispensed using the recall code or the Get Repeat option, The PBS Benefit is no longer available prompt is displayed and the prescription Type will be automatically set to Private on the Dispense Form
- When an original is dispensed or a repeat is scanned and downloaded from a PDS, Minfos will display the Possible Matches Found window with the item available as Private and may display other equivalent items that are available on the PBS
Minfos have made new fields available to print on Dispense Labels and Repeat Authorisation Forms. These fields will need to be configured and will not be printed by default when you update to 7.6.2.
The following fields can now be configured to print on the Dispense Label:
Trigger to print
What it will print
The dispensed script is an ePrescription
If a value has been entered in the Dispenser field on the Dispense Form for the script
The Pharmacist Code as it displays in the Dispenser field
#Date of Birth#
If there is a date of the birth recorded in the DOB field in the patient’s profile
The patient’s DOB
(Note: Carer Code was previously an available field that could only be printed on the dispense label using the Old Labels format, it can now be printed using the standard label template)
If the patient is in an associated Carer group i.e., Nursing Home, Hospital or Third Party
The Code as displayed in the Nursing Home (or Hospital/Third Party) Maintenance window
If the patient is in an associated Nursing Home or Hospital and there is a value in the Ward No. field in the patient’s profile
The value in the Ward No. field
If the patient is in an associated Nursing Home or Hospital and there is a value in the Bed Number field in the patient’s profile
The value in the Bed Number field
#Script Expiry Date#
This is 6 or 12 months from the script date, depending on the schedule of the drug being dispensed and state’s rules.
S8: 6 months
S4: 12 months
S4D (NSW & TAS): 6 months
A date 6 or 12 months from the script date
The following fields can now be configured to print on the Repeat Authorisation Form:
- #Dispenser Initials#
- #Date of Birth#
- #Carer Code#
- #Ward No.#
- #Bed Number#
Note: The same Trigger to print & What it will print apply as per the Dispense Label table above.
Product Deleter (which was previously a manual utility), will now run automatically during the End of Day (EOD) process, to delete any unused products.
This process is designed to reduce the number of unused products in your database, making the active products that you do use easier to manage.
The Product Deleter utility will:
- Run as part of the EOD process
- Delete a maximum of 20,000 products per cycle
- Only delete products in your database that were added more than 3 months ago
- Only delete products that have no Sales, Purchase or SOH history
For Multi-store groups:
Note: This process will only run at the Head Office for a Multi-store group. This ensures there is no disconnect between the Head Office and Store product ranges.
The Multi-store Head Office EOD process will run Product Deleter. Deletions will only occur on products that:
- Were added to the database more than 3 months ago
- Have no store sales, purchases or SOH recorded against them i.e., if one pharmacy in your group has purchased, sold or has a SOH against the product, the product will not delete at Head Office or at any of the other stores
- Once deleted at Head Office, the deletion will flow down to stores and delete the products in each pharmacy’s database
In Minfos 7.6.1 we removed 'Tax Invoice' from displaying on Customer Account Statements, in 7.6.2 we have made printing Tax Invoice on your Customer Statements a configurable option.
Configure your Customer Statements to display Tax Invoice
From the Minfos Launch Pad:
1. Click the Special menu and select Utilities.
The Utilities module is displayed.
2. Click the Maintenance menu and select 4. Invoice Format.
The Format Invoice Statement window is displayed.
3. Select Statement from the Type drop-down menu.
4. Scroll down and select the Tax Invoice format object.
5. Click Change.
The Format Details panel is now enabled.
6. Check Show and click Set.
7. Click Okay.
The Format Invoice Statement window is closed.
Customer Account Statements will now include Tax Invoice.
Refer to Configure your Customer Statements Template for more information.
When you attempt to subscribe to a pharmacy's Centralised Customer Accounts, a Warning prompt will now display. This allows you to confirm the migration has taken place.
- If the CCA migration has taken place, click Confirm and the Head Office will be subscribed
- If the CCA migration has not yet taken place or if you are unsure of the migration status, click Cancel and do not subscribe to that pharmacy’s CCA publications until the migration has been completed
A CCA pharmacy can now manually push a problematic (where there is a disconnect between the Store and the Head Office data) transaction to their Head Office., This will then send it out to all CCA subscribed pharmacies in the group.
From the Sales Enquiry window:
1. Find and highlight the required problematic transaction.
2. Click Push to HO.
The Transaction Sent prompt is displayed.
3. Click OK, the transaction will send to Head Office, and then subsequently to all CCA pharmacies in your Multi-store group.
For more information refer to Manually Push a Centralised Customer Account Transaction to Head Office.
- Selecting No to the White Repat Authority prompt for an unlisted item will reset the script Type to 5. Private correctly.
- The My Health Record Access Audit Report will now display access as View correctly.
- Scanning General CTG scripts will no longer set the price to 0.00.
- The Script Enquiry window when opened via Rx Done on the Dispense Form has been reverted to only display scripts dispensed for today as default.
- Downloading a script with no quantity will no longer set the Price to 0.00 after entering a quantity.
- Unlisted Repatriation items are being rejected when the prescriber has included a PBS Code in the eScript. This has now been changed so the PBS Code will not be sent to Medicare, so will no longer be rejected.
- Editing a script for an Opt-In patient will now adjust the Price to include the Co-payment discount.
- Completing invoices will no longer result in 0 SOH barcodes being saved in the Robotic Drug Database.
- Customers who are linked to an account as part of the Centralised Customer Account migration process will now correctly display as 'Linked to Account' in the Customer Enquiry window.
- The eReceipt recipient’s mobile number will now be populated correctly for loyalty sales.
- Adding a new LoyaltyOne Virtual card member with an address will no longer result in an error message.