There is a configuration option that you can apply in Dispense to prevent dispensing a product where the stock on hand is or will go into negative stock.
To change the configuration setting to prevent negative SOH for dispensed products:
From Dispense Pro:
1. Click the Maintenance menu and select D. Configuration.
The Configuration window is displayed.
2. Navigate to the Dispense/Customer tab.
3. If the Allow Negative SOH checkbox is:
- Checked: All products can be dispense, regardless of the SOH
- Not checked: From the Dispense Form, when dispensing a product where the SOH is zero, negative or less than the dispensed quantity, the Negative SOH prompt is displayed:
a. Click OK to close the prompt.
b. To continue dispensing this script, the dispenser will need to either:
- Adjust the stock on hand in Product Maintenance before proceeding with dispensing
- Dispense a brand the pharmacy does have in stock
- Change the quantity being dispensed
Note: Committed stock (where the stock has already been dispensed to another customer but not collected) is not available stock.