You can configure Minfos to display the following information in the Directions field to print on the dispense label:
- Script expiry date
- Repeat interval date
- Safety Net consequences date
Each option can be configured individually and will automatically populate in the Directions field after selecting the Drug. The new date information is highlighted by default, press [Home] to retain the information and go to the start of the Directions field to enter the script directions. If you do not want the information to display for the script you are dispensing, you can press [Delete] or [Backspace] to remove it from the Directions field.
Note: The Interval Date will update in the Directions when an interval has been entered on the Dispense Form. Minfos will not automatically populate the Script Expiry date or the repeat interval date in the directions field for scripts with no repeats remaining (single supply or last repeat), S3 recordables, Dr’s Bags and dispensing from an NRMC or HMC. If you edit a script and change the number of repeats/times dispensed Minfos will remove the date information from the directions if it is not relevant. However, Minfos will not add the date information if the script is edited to have remaining repeats.
Configure the date information options:
From Dispense Pro:
1. Click the Maintenance menu and select D. Configuration.
The Configuration window is displayed.
2. Click the Printing/Pricing tab.
Dispense expiry date on label
When an option other than None is configured and a relevant drug is dispensed, Minfos will populate Script expires dd/mm/yy in the Directions field.
Display interval date on label
Repeat intervals are required for S8 and S4D (in NSW and TAS) prescriptions.
When this option is checked and a relevant drug is dispensed, Minfos will populate Cannot supply before dd/mm/yy in the Directions field.
Display SN consequences date on label
When this option is checked and drug with Safety Net Consequences is dispensed, Minfos will populate If needed before dd/mm/yy consult pharmacist (SNxxDR).
- If both Display interval date on label and Display SN consequences date on label are configured:
- Where the interval date is the same date or greater than the SN consequences date, only the interval date will display
- Where the interval date is prior to 4/20 days and the item has SN consequences, both dates will display
- Where the SN 4/20 days rule doesn’t apply, only the interval date will display
- When multiple dispense printing configurations are selected, including Print Same As on labels, then the Directions display order will be: (skip any option if not enabled)
1. Same As [DRUG].
2. Cannot supply before dd/mm/yy.
3. If needed before dd/mm/yy consult pharmacist (SNxxDR).
4. Script expires dd/mm/yy.