The product location (I.E.U, Class or Location) can be configured to display on the Dispense Form during the dispensing process. It can also be set up to print on the dispense label. This works best if your 'location' name is five characters or less e.g. Bay1, Bay2 etc. Ensure your dispense products have been allocated to the correct category, refer to Product Quick Fix Overview for further information on categorising your database.
This is a multi-step process, first you need to turn on the configuration, then you need set up your category to display in Dispense. Lastly you can set the location up to print on the dispense label.
Step One: Dispense Configuration
From Dispense Pro:
1. Click the Maintenance menu and select D. Configuration.
The Configuration window is displayed.
2. Click the Dispense/Customer tab.
3. Click the Dispense Location Stored dropdown and select one of the following:
- A. I.E.U.
- B. Class
- G. Location
4. Click OK to save.
Step Two: Category Maintenance
From Stock Manager:
1. Click the Maintenance menu and select 1. Categories.
The Category Maintenance window is displayed.
2. Click the Category Type dropdown and select either IEU, Class or Location.
3. Find and highlight the correct category and click Change. If you have not yet set up your Dispense locations refer to Category Maintenance overview for more information.
The Location Edit window is displayed.
4. Check the Display (Display Name in Dispense) checkbox.5. Click OK to save.
When you open the category you have selected to display on the Dispense Form, Category Maintenance will display an extra Disp Rx column and will display 'Y' if the above Display checkbox has been checked.The location will display on the Dispense Form during the dispensing process.
Step Three (Optional): Print Location on the Dispense Label
Warning: Follow the below process during a quiet time in your pharmacy, as this will affect how your Dispense Labels print and may require multiple edits. Log a call with Minfos Support for assistance.
You may be required to complete the below steps multiple times if each of your Dispense workstations have a different label set up.
From Dispense Pro:
1. Click the Maintenance menu and select F. Label Options.
2. The Label Templates window may display, click Cancel or ignore this step if not.
The Labels Configuration window is displayed.
3. Click Edit Label.
A Warning prompt is displayed.
4. Click OK.
The Labels window is displayed.
5. Click the A icon to insert text box.6. Click in the label, where you would like the location to print.
7. Check the Attach Database Field checkbox.
8. Scroll through the list and double click #Dispense Location#.9. Move and resize the text box as required. This can be done using the mouse or using the X:, W:, Y: and H: fields.10. Uncheck the Continue Print on Next Label checkbox to prevent two labels printing if the field is not large enough.
11. Click the File menu and select Save.
12. Click the File menu and select Exit.
The Label Configuration window is re-displayed.
13. Click Okay to save and close.
14. Test printing a label to ensure the location displays correctly. Repeat Step Three: Print Location on the Dispense Label for all Dispense workstations where they do not share the same label template.