The Minfos version is now 7.0.1 to mark the move of PBS Online to web services plus many more exciting changes to come in 2022.
If you have previously successfully activated your B2B Device in PRODA and Minfos, PBS Online web services will be automatically enabled as part of this update.
If your B2B Device is successfully activated after your Minfos software is updated to version 7.0.1, PBS Online web services will be automatically enabled at the time of B2B Device activation.
If the B2B Device activation fails, PBS Online web services will not be enabled (and will be disabled if it was previously enabled). You will be able to continue to use PBS Online via the existing method.
Note You need to successfully activate your B2B Device and enable PBS Online web services prior to 13 March 2022 or you will no longer be able to claim for PBS scripts. Please refer to Register and activate a B2B device in PRODA and Minfos for guidance.
Pharmacist’s password is now encrypted as per the ePrescribing Conformance Profile requirements. Existing pharmacist passwords will be encrypted as part of the 7.0.1 software update.
As a result of the encryption process, you may be prompted to reset your password as you dispense if your previous password did not meet the password format requirements.
Refer to Set a Pharmacist Password for information on the criteria your password needs to meet and how to reset your password.
Minfos now integrates with the Our Pills Talk service, which provides a smartphone phone app that can read prescription information aloud. The Our Pills Talk app is designed to assist visually impaired customers, ensuring they are taking their medications correctly. The prescription information can also be translated into most languages, which is a safety benefit for culturally and linguistically diverse customers and their family members.
Once integrated, the pharmacist can generate and print a personalised QR code on the dispense label, and if required on the repeat authorisation form. The patient can then use the app on their own smartphone to scan the code, and listen to the prescription information and instructions. Please note that the QR code must be scanned in the Our Pills Talk app, not directly in the camera app of a smartphone
For more details about Our Pills talk please visit the website www.ourpillstalk.com.au
The Our Pills Talk label prints on a separate dispense label from the product dispense label. This is because the Our Pills Talk label requires specific information at a certain size for the app to read. E.g. The QR code minimum size is 25mmx25mm. It is not recommended that you reduce the QR code from the default size in Minfos.
To enable Our Pills Talk in Minfos:
- Open Dispense Configuration.
- Select the Printing/Pricing tab.
- In the Printing section tick the Enable Our Pills Talk checkbox.
In Minfos you can print the Our Pills Talk QR Code on demand or set up a customer to print an Our Pills Talk label with every dispensing.
To print on demand (for any customer):
- Once Our Pills Talk configuration is enabled
- A new option + Print Our Pills Talk label will display on the Script Options menu at the end of dispensing
- When selected, Minfos will print the QR Code label for the dispensed prescription
To set up a specific customer to always print an Our Pills Talk QR Code:
- Once Our Pills Talk configuration is enabled
- A new checkbox will display in the customer's profile Print Our Pills Talk label
- When checked, and a script is dispensed for the customer, Minfos will automatically print the Our Pills Talk QR code label after the dispense label has printed for each dispensed item
- When a script is edited, and the user selects yes to reprint, the script details the Our Pills Talk label will also reprint
To configure Minfos to print the Our Pills Talk QR code on the repeat authorisation form:
- Once Our Pills Talk configuration is enabled
- In Repeat Printing Options navigate through the tabs using the Next/Prev buttons untill you get to the Our Pills Talk QR Code option
- Check this box. It is not recommended that you change the Row, Col, or Width dimensions
When enabled, the QR code should print on the bottom right hand corner of the repeat authorisation form for all repeats.
To change the type of label:
The default label type will be for FRED5 dispense labels. To change:
- Open the Dispense Pro module.
- Select the Maintenance menu then click F. Label Option.
- In Choose Label Type select Our Pills Talk.
- Select the label type you want to use.
Mobile numbers can now be recorded against the prescriber in Prescriber Maintenance.
To record a prescriber’s mobile number:
- Navigate to Prescriber Maintenance in Minfos Dispense. See Edit Prescriber details.
- Select an existing prescriber or Add a new prescriber
- Enter a valid mobile number for the prescriber into the Mobile field
- Select OK to save
Previously a User Error would display when you dispensed a private or an authority script prescribed by an optometrist. To streamline dispensing, this prompt has now been removed.
Now when preparing for a patient’s vaccination appointment via the Booking Queue, Minfos will default the quantity of the item being dispensed to 1. This removes the need to manually adjust the quantity during the dispensing process.
eScripts can now be displayed in raw format, as downloaded from the Prescription Description Service.
This can be helpful in the case you may want additional information or clarification.
To be able to view the eScript in raw XML format your dispense station will need to be configured to view xml files.
To check if your station is already configured to view XML files:
1. Double click on a file with xml extension.
If the file is then displayed in your default browser then you are already configured. If the file does not display in your default browser continue with step 2.
2. Right click an xml file.
3. Navigate to Open with.
4. Select the browser or text editor software you would like to view the xml file in.
5. Make your chosen browser/program the default for xml files.
Once configured, you’ll be able to view the xml file.
Alternatively, contact your hardware vendor to have this configured for you.
To view the xml file:
1. Click the XML tab on the eScript Details window.
The eScript xml will display in your configured browser or program.
NASH PKI certificates allow your pharmacy to connect to various digital health services including My Health Record and Health Identifier Services used for ePrescribing. To provide stronger protection, SHA-1 NASH certificates are now being replaced by SHA-2 NASH certificates.
The Australian Digital Health Agency has requested that all pharmacies using NASH certificates update to SHA-2 by the 13th of March 2022. In Minfos 7.0.1, we have updated the behaviour for the Certificate Expiry Prompt which informs you that your NASH certificate is due to expire.
If Minfos prompts you with this warning please action it immediately. If you do not get prompted then you have longer to update your certificates, however, it is requested that you still update to SHA-2 as soon as possible. Refer to Requesting a NASH SHA-2 certificate.
You can now conveniently auto-charge any scripts dispensed via Quick Dispense still waiting at the Till during the End of Day (EOD) process. This saves you from needing to manually select Z. Pill Box from the Script Options menu at the end of dispensing. When configured for auto invoice, and the script is dispensed via Quick Dispense, Minfos will automatically invoice the script to the patient’s account and adjust the stock on hand (SOH) accordingly i.e.
- Decrease the SOH of the product non-packed* scripts e.g. Ventolin inhaler
- Not alter the SOH of the product for packed scripts
Ensure these prerequisites have been completed before attempting to auto-charge packing items:
- The nursing home is configured for Auto Invoice.
Refer to Set up Nursing Homes.
- The patient has an account or has been linked to an account.
Refer to Add a new customer account or Link customer accounts.
- The patient is assigned to the nursing home.
Refer to Add a Patient to a Nursing Home.
This enhancement is for pharmacies that:
- Use Quick Dispense to dispense scripts to packing patients Quick Dispense .
- Are set up as a spoke packing site. If you are a hub packing site do not use the Auto Invoice feature for Quick Dispense scripts, as the SOH will not be adjusted as part of the EOD process.
*Check with your packing provider prior to using this enhancement that they use the Non-Pack indicator when queuing a script in Minfos Dispense. If they do not use the indicator, Minfos does not know that the item should be non-packed and will treat the item as packed i.e. the SOH will not decrease for these items when they are charged as part of EOD.
If your packing provider does not use the Non-Pack indicator but does queue non-packed scripts from their system into Minfos then it is recommended that you either
- Do not use this feature and continue to manually charge scripts at the end of dispensing, or
- Use this feature but manually charge non-packed scripts at the end of dispensing and leave packed scripts to be auto charged as part of EOD. This will ensure that the SOH is adjusted correctly for non-packed scripts.
If you use Minfos Packing - non-packed scripts are not typically queued from Minfos Packing and therefore this should not be a concern.
If you manually dispense, i.e. not dispensed via Quick Dispense, a script to a pack patient that is set up for auto-invoice, ensure that you manually charge this script to the patient’s pillbox via U. Third Party Packing or Z. Pill Box. If you don’t, the item will auto invoice as part of EOD but the SOH will also be adjusted for the product causing discrepancies in your SOH.
Previously when a patient is in a facility configured for Auto Invoice and a script is dispensed when X. New Customer is selected from the Script Options menu the script will be auto invoiced to the patient’s account. However, now if the script is dispensed via Quick Dispense and X. New Customer is selected Minfos will not auto invoice the script to the patient's account.
If you usually charge scripts to U. Third Party Packing - Auto invoiced scripts will be charged under clerk code Pillbox and will report under the name of the drug, not under the pseudo product Third Party Packing.
Product Information can now be added to or removed from the Product Info tab for a range of products from the Product Quick Fix screen.
Previously, when multiple products were selected, the Info button would appear disabled. Now when more than one product is selected the Info button is enabled. Once selected the Product Info dialog is displayed, allowing you to add information that will apply to all selected products.
To Add Product Info to a range of products
From the Product Quick Fix screen:
- Highlight the products you want to add Product Info to
- Select the Info button [Alt+I]
- An empty Product Info screen is displayed
- In the text box, add the information you want to apply to these products. This text will be added below any existing information
- Using the checkboxes, tick the screens you want the Product Info tab to prompt when these products are selected. Dispense, Till and Order Maintenance. These checkboxes will override previous screen selections
- Select Okay to save
- The new text will be added to the Product Info screen for all selected products. For products with pre-existing Product Info, this text will be added under any existing text
- All selected products with the new info will now display with the I icon across product lists
To Remove/Clear Product Info for a range of products:
- Highlight the products you want to clear Product Info from (Note: products that don’t have existing Product Info can be included in the selection, and they will not be affected)
- Select Fix
- From the Fix options tab down and check Clear Product Info
- Select OK
- The Product Info tab for all selected products as well as the checkbox will be cleared
Previously, when a customer with an outstanding balance was linked to another account, the existing outstanding balance was lost and was not recorded.
From Minfos 7.0.1, when you attempt to link a customer with an outstanding balance to another account, the below warning will display.
This warning will prompt you to reconcile the outstanding balance before the customer can be linked.
When customer account statements are undone Minfos will now automatically check if there is any Direct Debit reconciliation information recorded for the statement date.
If there is Direct Debit information for the statement date, the below warning is displayed before you can click Okay to confirm the Undo Statement process.
After the statements have been undone, when attempting to create the Direct Debit Files again, one of the following warnings may be displayed:
If Direct Debit Files have been created and one or more balances have been marked as 'Paid':
If Direct Debit Files have been created but no balances have been marked as 'Paid':
Follow the recommended action on the warning prompt to ensure any issues are avoided.
To assist with identifying which dispense process completed a sale, we have added two new pseudo clerk codes to Salesperson Maintenance.
- Z03 - Pillbox
- Z04 - Third Party Packing
Previously all sales completed from Dispense charged the script under salesperson Dispensary Transfer. This included selecting I. Invoice to account, Z. Pillbox or U. Third Party Packing from Script Options. This made it difficult to troubleshoot if a sale had been charged correctly via Dispense as some processes affected SOH and others didn’t.
You can now view the Clerk Name on Sales Enquiry or refer to the Served By field in Sale Detail Enquiry to identify which dispense process was used.
Served by Salesperson code
Z. Pill Box
Z03 - Pillbox
U. Third Party Packing
Z04 - Third Party Packing
I. Invoice to account
Z00 - Dispensary Transfer
Note The new clerk codes will only be used for sales going forward. Sales made from the dispensary prior to updating to Minfos 7.0.1 will continue to report under Dispensary Transfer.
The reference information that is recorded when a transfer is created can now be displayed on the Transfer Product report.
After creating a transfer with information in the Reference field, to display on the report:
- Navigate to the Transfer Product report in Stock Manager
- Select the same customer in the To and From field
The new checkbox Show Reference to the Transfer Product Report dialog will enable. This is only enabled when the To and From customer are the same.
- Tick the option and select Okay to load the report
A new column Reference will display on the report. This will display the reference information recorded against the transfer.
- Downloaded scripts with long directions will no longer crash Minfos Dispense.
- Selecting No to exceed credit limit at Dispense will no longer cause the script to be locked.
- Left and right arrows are now enabled in the prompts for PDL Warnings.
- Selecting an option in the Pharmacist Check screen will no longer reset multipack scans
- Occasionally when updating a mobile number or email address of an ASL patient, a bad request error is reported. This has now been resolved and the contact details will be updated successfully.
- The Owing Script report will now display the correct Prescription Date.
- The Pharmacist Check screen will now be disabled while in Script Editing mode.
- Charging a dispensed item with GST at a price of 0.00 will now be recorded correctly in the Till Summary.
- The warning prompt when a Continued Supply script has been dispensed within the last 12 months has been re-instated.
- In certain situation, Active Script List service will stop working and needs to be restarted. This has now been resolved.
- Improvements have been made to ensure that the correct records are updated in Quantum Connect when a script is edited.
- Interim Statements will now display the correct Customer Number against the customer.
- Zero balance accounts will now print on Customer Statements.
- Selecting Yes to view Promotion errors will now display the Promotion detail error list.