Since 2012, Services Australia have issued NASH SHA-1 certificates to allow healthcare organisations to connect to various digital health services. To provide stronger protection, SHA-1 NASH certificates are now being replaced by SHA-2 NASH certificates.
Connections to digital health services MUST transition from NASH SHA-1 to NASH SHA-2 certificates. The option to receive a SHA-1 certificate will no longer be available after 13 March 2022.
Warning: Organisations must be running at least Minfos software version 6.5.1 before renewing their NASH certificate. If you do not update your software you will not be able to request a SHA-2 certificate.
NASH SHA-2 certificates are now available in Healthcare Provider Online Services (HPOS) to request and download.
- Log into your PRODA account.
- Select Go to service on the Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) tile. If you get a request to confirm organisation here as the next step, Select No Organisation - proceed as an individual only and click continue.
- Select My Programs.
- Select Healthcare Identifiers and My Health Record.
- Select Healthcare Identifiers - Manage existing Records.
- If you are asked to select your organisation then select it, otherwise you may be taken directly to the next page.
- Select My organisation details.
- Go to Certificates tab.
- Select Request or Renew – (if existing certificate is within renewal period).
- Complete the Request Form (NEW HPOS steps are shown below).
- Search for and select the software product in the drop down list as shown in the screenshot. You will be able to select Minfos 6.5.1.
- The SHA-2 level will be automatically allocated as shown in the screenshot.
- Complete remainder of form and click Save changes.
- Review certificate status and click Submit.
- When the NASH SHA-2 certificate is ready to download you will receive a text message to the mobile number provided and see the status reflected as Active in the HPOS certificates tab.
- Click the blue hyperlink Download and use the PIC code sent to the mobile phone.
- Save the file to your computer and refer to Install NASH PKI Certificate for step by step guidance to install the certificate.