Step by step instructions
This article describes the process for your pharmacy to collect payment for account customers using direct debit.
- Run statements at the end of the month using your usual process.
Statements for account customers enrolled in Direct Debit will have some differences in the footer. Statements for accounts enrolled in Direct Debit will show:
- the amount to be debited
- bank account details of the store
Not Direct Debit
Pay this amount xx.xx
$xx.xx will be debited from your registered bank account
Bank details of the store
- Navigate to the new Create Direct Debit File screen.
- In the Customer Management module, on the menu bar at the top of the screen, click the Reports tab
- Click 2. Statements
- Click 8. Create Direct Debit Files
The Create Direct Debit File screen will display.
- In the Create Direct Debit File screen, set the fields as desired.
- Month Ending:
- The last date included in the statement.
- The default value is the last day statements were run for.
- Processing Date:
- The date on which the bank should process the payments.
- The default value is the 5th of the current month. If that date has passed, it will default to the current date.
- Select store:
- Default value is the current store.
- Account Balance Threshold:
- Exclude accounts below a minimum balance from being Direct Debited.
- Default value is 0 to include all outstanding accounts.
- This may be useful to avoid paying bank fees on direct deposits for payments of small sums. For example, to only charge accounts with an outstanding balance of at least $5, enter 5 in this field. Accounts with an outstanding balance below $5 will not be included in the direct deposit export file, and will have their balance outstanding, which they can pay via another method.
- Output Directory:
- The location on your computer where the generated files will be saved. You can change this by clicking the Browse button.
- Click OK to Generate the Direct Debit file.
- Navigate to the location set in the Output Directory field to get the file.
- Upload the file to your online banking system.
- Once you have received the funds into your bank account, you can use the information provided by your bank to reconcile the paid accounts in Minfos.