- A Nursing Home is required to dispense from a National Residential Medication Chart (NRMC), refer to Dispense from a National Residential Medication Chart
- It is a requirement to have a Nursing Home set up in Minfos for the following packing types:
- DoseAid, the Nursing Home code is the DoseAid facility code; please contact DoseAid for more information
- Other Third Party Packing
- It is optional to have a Nursing Home set up for in-store Blister packing; however, there are multiple advantages:
- Increased reporting options
- Ability to automatically charge dispensed products to packing patients accounts
- Ability to set Default Packing Timeslots, for Minfos Packing
Set up or change Nursing Homes in Minfos
From Dispense Pro:
1. Click the Maintenance menu and select 6. Nursing Homes.
The Nursing Home Maintenance window is displayed.
2. Click Add to add a new Nursing Home.
3. Click Change to edit a Nursing Home’s details.
The Nursing Home Entry or Nursing Home Editing window is displayed.
a. For Blister packing, enter any code for the Nursing Home.
b. For DoseAid packing, enter the facility Code provided by DoseAid.
c. For ALL other packing types, contact the packing provider to confirm their code requirements, if any.
5. Name: Enter a name for the Nursing Home.
6. RACF ID:
a. Leave this field blank for community patients.
b. Enter the Residential Aged Care Facility ID for NRMC dispensing.
7. Compliant Residential Medication Chart checkbox
a. Leave this un-checked for community patients.
b. Check this checkbox if you will be dispensing from a NRMC; refer to Dispense from an NRMC for more information.
8. Address, Phone & Fax No.: enter these details, if required.
9. Mobile: Enter a valid mobile number, if required.
10. Email: Enter a valid Email address and press [Tab], the email address is validated.
a. If an invalid email address has been entered, the Email address format prompt is displayed.
b. Click OK to close the prompt and re-enter a valid email in the Email field.
11. Club: When adding a Nursing Home, Minfos will automatically add a Club, [Tab] over this field, leaving it blank. Once the Nursing Home has been saved, the club is automatically created, and the Club number is updated in this entry. This allows for Minfos Club reporting, but the patients accrue no club benefits.
12. Auto Invoice: During the End of Day process, scripts waiting at the Till for patients assigned to this carer will be automatically charged to the patient’s account, if they have one. Minfos will adjust the SOH accordingly as part of the EOD process. Refer to Auto Invoice for Nursing Home patients for more information.
13. Auto Label: Leave this unchecked if you do not have special labels enabled.
14. Last Repeat: Check this checkbox to automatically print a Last Repeat Reminder report for patients allocated to this carer.
15. Use Address:
a. Leave Use Address unchecked to print the patient address on printed paper repeats.
b. Check Use Address to print the Nursing Home name on printed paper repeats.
a. To exclude all patients allocated to this carer from receiving the co-payment discount, check the checkbox.
b. Leave un-checked to set this at a patient level.
Note: The following tabled options may not be required if the Nursing Home is not being used for Packing patients, skip to step 21.
Nursing Home option
Unlisted Third Party Packing Provider
17. Third Party Packing Provider
Leave this on None
Select Third Party Other
18. Packed onsite
Check the Packed onsite checkbox to indicate the DAA's for the Nursing Home are packed onsite (i.e., using local stock) or packed offsite (i.e., using a third party packing provider).
19. Default Packing Timeslots
Enter timeslots, if required. These will be auto-populated in the patients Minfos Packing Profile.
Enter the times provided by DoseAid.
Enter the times provided by your Meditec Hub.
Ignore the timeslots they are not valid.
Enter if required. Contact your packing provider if you are unsure.
20. Use 24 hour dose time
If checked, when a patient allocated to this carer (Nursing Home) has a packing profile created, the dose times have to be in 24-hour format.
This is checked by default when the Third Party Packing Provider is set to DoseAid.
Confirm with your Meditec Hub and then check or leave un-checked as advised.
Ignore the checkbox it is not valid.
Confirm with your packing provider and then check or leave un-checked as advised.
21. Ward Management: This option is required if the patient needs to be assigned a Ward No. in the Carer tab of the customer profile.
a. Click Ward Management to add wards for this facility.
The Ward Management window is displayed.
b. Enter a Ward Number and click Add Ward. A Ward Number can be up to 15 characters.
The Current Wards are updated.
c. Click OK to save.
Note: Highlight a ward from the Current Wards list and click Delete Ward to delete an existing Ward. If you currently have a patient assigned to the ward, the following Warning prompt is displayed. Click Continue to delete the ward. If there are currently any patients assigned to this Ward, the Ward No. will be removed from their profile. If you wish to cancel the deletion, click Cancel.
22. Click Okay to save and close the Nursing Home Entry/Editing window, if a mobile number has been entered, it will be validated.
a. If an invalid mobile number has been entered, the Mobile phone number is invalid prompt is displayed.
b. Click OK to close the prompt, the Mobile field is highlighted by default. Enter a correct mobile number, click Okay to save and close the Nursing Home Entry/Editing window.
Note: Changes made to the Default Packing Timeslots will not auto-update existing patient packing profiles.
Next step: Assign a Patient to Packing Nursing Home.
Refer to Dispense from a NRMC for instructions on how to dispense from a National Residential Medication Chart.