It is a requirement to have a Nursing Home set up in Minfos for the following packing types:
- DoseAid, the Nursing Home code is the DoseAid facility code; please contact DoseAid for more information
- Other Third Party Packing
It is optional to have a Nursing Home set up for in-store Blister packing; however, there are multiple advantages for setting up a Nursing Home for your community blister packing patients:
- Increased reporting options
- Ability to automatically charge dispensed products to packing patients accounts
- Ability to set Default Packing Timeslots
A Nursing Home is required to dispense from a National Residential Medication Chart (NRMC).
Set up or change Nursing Homes in Minfos
From Dispense Pro:
1. Click the Maintenance menu and select 6. Nursing Homes.
The Nursing Home Maintenance window is displayed.2. Click Add to add a new Nursing Home.
3. Click Change to edit a Nursing Home’s details.
The Nursing Home Entry or Nursing Home Editing window is displayed.
- For Blister packing, enter any code for the Nursing Home.
- For DoseAid Packing, enter the facility Code provided by DoseAid.
- For ALL other packing types, contact the packing provider to confirm their code requirements, if any.
b. Enter a Name for the Nursing Home.
c. Leave the RACF ID field blank for community patients. This is used for dispensing from a NRMC; refer to the Dispense from an NRMC for more information.
d. Leave the Compliant Residential Medication Chart checkbox un-checked for community patients. This is used for dispensing from a NRMC; refer to the Dispense from an NRMC for more information.
e. Enter the Address, Phone & Fax No. details, if required.
f. Enter a valid Mobile number
g. Enter a valid Email address and press [Tab], the email address is validated.
i. If an invalid email address has been entered, the Email address format prompt is displayed.
ii. Click OK to close the prompt and re-enter a valid email in the Email field.
h. When adding a Nursing Home, Minfos will automatically add a Club, [Tab] over this field, leaving it blank. Once the Nursing Home has been saved, the club is automatically created and the Club number is updated in this entry. This allows for Minfos Club reporting, but the patients accrue no club benefits.
i. Auto Invoice;
- For Blister packing patients, where the packing takes place in your pharmacy, check this box. During the End of Day process, scripts waiting at the till for patients assigned to this carer will be automatically charged to the patient’s account, if they have one.
- For ALL other packing types, leave the Auto Invoice checkbox unchecked, as scripts will need to be charged to account via the pill box option.
j. Leave Auto Label unchecked if you do not have special labels enabled.
k. Check the Last Repeat checkbox to automatically print a Last Repeat Reminder report for patients allocated to this carer.
l. Use Address:
- Leave Use Address unchecked to print the patient address on printed paper repeats.
- Check Use Address to print the Nursing Home name on printed paper repeats.
- To exclude all patients allocated to this carer from receiving the co-payment discount, check the checkbox.
- Leave un-checked to set this at a patient level.
Note The following tabled options may not be required if the Nursing Home is not being used for Packing patients, skip to step 4.
Nursing Home option
Unlisted Third Party Packing Provider
n. Third Party Packing Provider
Leave this on None
Select Third Party Other
o. Default Packing Timeslots
Enter timeslots, if required. These will be auto-populated in the patients Minfos Packing Profile.
Enter the times provided by DoseAid.
Enter the times provided by your Meditec Hub.
Ignore the timeslots they are not valid.
Enter if required. Contact your packing provider if you are unsure.
p. Use 24 hour dose time
If checked, when a patient allocated to this carer (Nursing Home) has a packing profile created, the dose times have to be in 24-hour format.
This is checked by default when the Third Party Packing Provider is set to DoseAid.
Confirm with your Meditec Hub and then check or leave un-checked as advised.
Ignore the checkbox it is not valid.
Confirm with your packing provider and then check or leave un-checked as advised.
4. Click Okay to save and close the Nursing Home Editing window, if a mobile number has been entered, it will be validated.
i. If an invalid mobile number has been entered, the Mobile phone number is invalid prompt is displayed.
ii. Click OK to close the prompt, the Mobile field is highlighted by default. Enter a correct mobile number, click Okay to save and close the Nursing Home Editing window.
Note Changes made to the Default Packing Timeslots will not auto-update existing patient packing profiles.
Next step: Assign a Patient to Packing Nursing Home
Refer to Dispense from a NRMC for instructions on how to dispense from a National Residential Medication Chart.