Dispense updates are automatic but there are occasions when you may wish to manually download and apply the updates.
Steps to complete this procedure
1. Manually download the dispense updates. You can choose to auto apply the updates immediately after downloading.
2. Manually apply the dispense updates. If you choose to auto apply the updates after downloading this step is NOT required.
3. Check that the updates were successfully applied.
Step 1: Manually download the dispense updates
From the Minfos Launch Pad:
1. Click the File menu and select Minfos Dispense Updates.
The Manual Minfos Dispense Update confirmation prompt is displayed.2. By default, the Apply Dispense Update after download checkbox is selected. We recommend you leave this checked, however, if you do NOT wish to apply the updated dispense files automatically after the download has completed, un-check the check box.
Note If you do NOT choose to Apply Dispense Update after download, you will be required to complete Step 2.
3. Click OK to download and apply the update.
The Dispense Updates are downloaded.
Upon successful download, the Dispense Updates are applied, if the appropriate checkbox was selected.
After successful application of the update, the following prompt will display.
4. Click OK to close the prompt.
Note If you chose to Apply the Dispense update after download skip to Step 3.
Step 2: Apply the dispense updates
Note Follow this procedure if you did not select the Apply Dispense Update after download checkbox in Step 1.
From the Minfos Launch Pad, on a workstation you are not dispensing from:
1. Click the File menu, and select Apply Dispense Update.
The Minfos Dispense Updates window is displayed.
2. Click OK to apply the update.
Applying the updates can take several minutes.
The notification prompt is displayed, confirming success.
3. Click OK to close the window.
Step 3: Check that the updates were successfully applied
If you are not part of a Multi-Store Group
1. From Stock Manager, click the Product Maintenance icon.
The Product Maintenance window is displayed, and the first product shown is !DISPENSE UPDATED.
2. If the date of this product is:
- The first of the current month or the last of the previous month, then your dispense updates successfully imported.
- An older date, such as the first of the previous month, then your dispense updates did not correctly import. Re-run your manual dispense updates, then call our support team if this does not work.
If you are part of a Multi-Store Group
1. From Minfos Launch Pad, click the Help menu and select About Minfos Software.
The About Minfos Software window is displayed.
2. Check the Last Disp Upd date, if the date is:
- Today’s date - then your dispense updates have successfully applied.
- An older date - such as the first of the previous month, means your dispense updates did not correctly apply. Re-run your manual dispense updates, then call our support team if this does not work.
3. Click Okay to close.