Performing daily claim maintenance tasks ensures your current claim contains the proper information in order for you to receive the correct payment from Medicare. Completing these tasks daily creates a more efficient process and reduces time and effort when editing the claim.
Resolve script rejections and warnings
Resolving script rejections and warnings ensures the scripts in your claim are correct and makes editing the claim easier and more efficient.
To resolve script rejections and warnings:
1. From the Dispense Form, click the:
- Errors icon, , to view your script rejections
- Warnings icon, , to view your script warnings
Note: You can control whether or not PBS Warnings will display on the Dispense Form. Refer to Configuration settings for Claims for guidance.
2. Do one of the following:
- Make the required changes to correct the rejection or warning and then save and process the script or,
- Attach a script error (this does not fix the rejection, it will no longer display on the Dispense Form) or
- Ignore the script warnings (this does not fix the warning, it will longer display on the Dispense Form)
Run an Uncollected Scripts Report
The Uncollected Scripts Report displays the scripts that have been dispensed but are still waiting at the till to be collected and paid for by the patient. The scripts in this report should match the actual scripts that are waiting on your shelf to be collected.
1. Refer to Uncollected Scripts Report to learn how to run the report.
2, Print the report if required.
3. Make sure that the scripts displayed in the report match the actual scripts that are waiting on your shelf to be collected.
Note: Depending on the configuration settings in your database, scripts that appear on the report, that are not your shelf waiting, must be charged to the customer if they have been collected to be included in the claim when closing. If they remain at the till they will be re-serialised and moved to the new Current claim. Refer to Configuration settings for Claims for more information.