If your pharmacy regularly offers the co-payment discount to customers, you can set up a default co‑payment discount configuration so that the discount is applied to all eligible scripts you dispense.
When you set up your co-payment discount to apply to all eligible scripts, you can still choose to not apply the discount to an individual script by unchecking the Co-Pay] check box on the dispensing screen.
The default Co-Payment behaviour can be set separately for Concessional and General scripts. This setting will apply when dispensing applicable scripts if the customer has no other co-payment rule applied, e.g. nursing home or customer specific scripts.
The options include:
- Default Off - All
- Default On - All
- Default On - Concessional only
- Default On - General only
To set up the co-payment discount to apply to all eligible scripts:
1. On the Dispense Pro screen, click the Configuration icon.
The Configuration window is displayed, with the Pharmacy tab open.
2. Click the Printing/Pricing tab.
3. In the Pricing group box, click the Co-Payment Discount drop-down list:
- Click Default off – All
- Click Default on – All
- Click Default on – Concessional Only
- Click Default on – General Only
4. Click OK, to save your default co-payment discount configuration.
On the Dispensing screen, the Co-Pay] check box is checked by default. For all eligible scripts, the co‑payment discount is applied to the price paid by the customer and the GP% is adjusted.