Follow this process to merge two customers together. By merging two customers, it will combine all customer history (script history, account history etc) for both customers and retain profile information for the Master Customer e.g. Name, Address, Card numbers etc.
- Once a customer merge has taken place, it cannot be undone
- If a script has been dispensed to the incorrect patient, refer to Edit a Prescription to learn how move it to the correct patient
- If either of the two patients to be merged have linked additional account charges, the:
- Master quantity is retained in the merge when your master and slave customers have different quantities for the same additional account charge
- Slave quantity is retained in the merge when your master customer doesn’t have a quantity and the slave customer does for that charge
From the Customer module:
Note: Customers can be also be merged from the Customer Search Window accessible from the Dispense Form.
1. Click the Customer menu and select 1. Customer Maintenance.
The Customer Maintenance window displayed.
2. The default sort order is Surname, click Sort to search for the customers by First Name or Customer No.
3. Click Find, to search for the two customers that you need to merge and then press Okay.4. Take note of the customer codes to ensure that the correct customers are merged.
Note: The customer selected as the master customer will retain all the information in the customer profile. Review Additional account charges once the merge has taken place.
5. Highlight the customer that is intended to be the master customer and then click Merge.The Customer Merge window is displayed.
6. Clear the information in the Slave field and enter the slave customer code in this field and then press [Tab].
7. Review the selected master and slave customer details to ensure that they are correct.8. Select the Merge checkbox and then click Okay.9. To confirm that you want to merge the two customers together, click Yes.
Warning: Once two customers have been merged together, they cannot be unmerged. Exercise caution.
The Customer Maintenance window is re-displayed and the customers have been merged.
10. If your pharmacy has Additional account charges set up, it is recommended you review theses charges.