Minfos recommends that you set up Automatic Software Updates to ensure you always have the latest features. If you wish to manage your software updates manually, please follow these steps to download and update software updates.
1. Download new Minfos software
1. On the Minfos Launch Pad, click the File menu, then click Minfos Software Update.
The Manual Minfos Software Download prompt is displayed.
2. Click Yes. The Processing window is displayed.
When the download is complete the Manual Software Update Download window is displayed.
3. Click OK.
Minfos is now ready to update.
2. Update to the latest Minfos software
After you have downloaded the new Minfos software, there are two options for performing the Minfos update.
- Option 1: Automatic Update OR
- Option 2: Manual Update
Important: Before you update
Both update methods require you to ensure there are zero connections to your Minfos server.
Close all Minfos applications (except for the Minfos Server) that are running. Some applications to consider are:
- Minfos Automation Manager
- PBS Online
- PDA Wireless Server
- Multistore Comms
- Minfos Back Office Service Manager
Automatic software update
An Automatic update will take place after trade during the End of Day process.
1. Please ensure you have closed all Minfos applications at the end of trade so that a Minfos Software update can take place.
2. As part of End of Day, Minfos will automatically update the software.
Manual software update
1. Ensure that all workstations are logged out of Minfos.
2. On your pharmacy's back office server station, ensure that the Minfos Server application is running.
3. Ensure that the Connections text box displays 0. This means that Minfos is not running on any of your stations.
Warning If the Connections text box displays a number higher than 0, check all of your stations to ensure that Minfos is not running on any of them. Do not go on to the next step in this instruction until the Connections text box displays 0.
4. Click Update.
Note: Once started, the update process takes about one minute to complete. If you experience any problems updating your software, please log a support call in Self Service.
3. Check your Minfos version
1. When you update your Minfos software, a prompt will display when the first terminal is logged into after the update to inform you that the update was successful.
2. The Release Notes for this software are easily accessible from the prompt by clicking the link.
3. Your current Minfos version is displayed at the bottom of the screen in each Minfos module.
4. For future reference, the link to the Release Notes can found in the Help menu. From the Minfos Launch Pad, click the Help menu and select Release Notes to display the Release Notes for the new version of Minfos.