This promotion type can be setup with a maximum of three discount tiers. Products added to this promotion are both Qualifying and Discountable. At the Till, the discount is not applied to items outside the tier quantities.
An example of a tiered discount is:
- Tier 1: Purchase 2 products for $20
- Tier 2: Purchase 5 products for $40
- Tier 3: Purchase 10 products for $70
How the above example works for products on promotion:
1. Purchase one (1) item – normal retail price is applied.
2. Purchase three (3) items, a quantity that is in-between Tier 1 and Tier 2, then:
- Two (2) items – discounted and sold at $20
- One (1) item – sold at normal retail price
3. Purchase multiple tier quantities and the discount will apply. For example:
- Purchase 4 items – total purchase price is $40 (2 x $20)
- Purchase 7 items – total purchase price is $60, with:
- 2 item sold at $20
- 5 items sold at $40
Add a promotion
1. From the Minfos Launch Pad, click the Promotions icon.
2. Click the Promotion Maintenance icon.
3. From the Enquiry group box, select New.
4. Click Add to create a new promotion.
5. In the Promotion maintenance – add screen, perform the following actions:
A. Loyalty promotions – non-editable textbox.
B. Promotion Type – select 7. Tiered multibuy for $amt.
C. Promotion Name – enter a name for the promotion. This name will be shown for your reference in the Promotions module.
D. Promotion Description – enter short description. This description will display on the multibuy prompt at the Till and in the Promotions module.
E. Promotion Code – non-editable textbox. An automatically-generated code that Minfos uses to identify saved promotions.
F. Start Date and End Date – enter the promotions’ active date range.
G. Apply promotion more than once to sale basket:
- Leave checkbox selected to receive the promotional discount multiple times in a single transaction or,
- Deselect checkbox to disable to receive a single promotional discount in a transaction.
H. Enable manual discount:
- Leave checkbox deselected to disable a further discount at the Till or,
- Select to enable a further discount at the Till.
Note: By default, products cannot be discounted manually. To enable a product to be discounted manually, mark it as discountable in the product stock card.6. Click Next.
7. In the Promotional maintenance – Add window, set the $ amount promotion:
Up to three (3) tiers can be added to a promotion and the tiers can be added in any order and do not need to be entered from lowest to highest.
A. Buy textbox – enter quantity of products the customer must purchase to trigger the discount
B. for $ textbox – enter the price the customer can purchase the set product quantity.
C. Repeat step 7a
D. Repeat step 7b
E. Repeat steps from 7a & 7c
F. Repeat steps from 7b & 7d
8. Click Range or Next to add the products to the promotion (both buttons open the same screen). Refer to Add products to Tiered Multibuy for $ Amount promotion.
Note: At the Till, the discount is not applied to additional items outside the tier quantities.