There are two ways a % off retail price promotion can be set up.
1. Discount a percentage (%) amount for each product: Add products to a promotion and set a percentage (%) amount to be applied to each product with the promotion.
For example: 30% off Faulding Vitamin range.
2. Set a spend amount to trigger a percentage (%) amount discount: Add products to a promotion and setup the condition that the customer must spend a particular percentage (%) amount before they can qualify for the discounted dollar amount on each product within that promotion.
For example: 30% off Faulding Vitamin range, when you spend $20 or more. That is, once the customer has spent over $20, they will receive 30% off each item in their sales basket within the promotion file.
Add a promotion
1. From the Minfos Launch Pad, click the Promotions icon.
2. Click the Promotion Maintenance icon.
3. From the Enquiry group box, select New.
4. Click Add to create a new promotion.
5. In the Promotion maintenance – add screen, perform the following actions:
A. Loyalty promotions – non-editable textbox.
B. Promotion Type – select 2. % off retail price.
C. Promotion Name – enter a name for the promotion.
This name will be shown for your reference in the Promotions module
D. Promotion Description – enter short description.
This description will display on the multibuy prompt at the Till and in the Promotions module.
E. Promotion Code – non-editable textbox.
An automatically-generated code that Minfos uses to identify saved promotions.
F. Start Date and End Date – enter the promotions’ active date range.
G. Apply promotion more than once to sale basket:
- Leave checkbox selected to receive the promotional discount multiple times in a single transaction or,
- Deselect checkbox to disable to receive a single promotional discount in a transaction.
H. Enable manual discount:
- Leave checkbox deselected to disable a further discount at the Till or,
- Select to enable a further discount at the Till.
Note: By default, products on promotion cannot be discounted manually. To enable a product to be discounted manually, mark it as discountable in the product stock card. Till Preferences need to be set to Stack Manual Discounts.6. Click Next.
7. In the Promotion maintenance – Add window, perform the following actions:
A. Percent reduced from price – enter the discount percentage for each product on promotion.
B. Dollar amount spent before discount applied – enter a dollar amount which the customer must spend on products within the promotion before the discount is applied to the products on promotion within their sales basket (optional field).
If this field is set at 0.00, then any promotional product will be discounted from the normal retail price based on the value entered in the field Percent reduced from price (e.g. 30%).
8. Then click Range or Next to add products to the promotion (both buttons open the same screen).
Note: The editable fields are determined by the type of promotion that you have selected.9. Now you are ready to add products to your promotion.