There are two ways a set sales price promotion can be set up.
- Single price point: Select a range of products to be set at the same price.
For example: Red sticker items $2 each.
- Multiple price points: Select a range of products and scan them at a different price range.
For example: Red sticker items $2, $5 and $10 each.
Add a promotion
1. From the Minfos Launch Pad, click the Promotions icon.
2. Click the Promotion Maintenance icon.
3. From the Enquiry group box, select New.
4. Click Add to create a new promotion.
5. In the Promotion maintenance – add screen, perform the following actions:
A. Loyalty promotions – non-editable textbox.
B. Promotion Type – select 0. Set Sales Price.
C. Promotion Name – enter a name for the promotion.
This name will be shown for your reference in the Promotions module.
D. Promotion Description – enter short description.
This description will display on the multibuy prompt at the Till and in the Promotions module.
E. Promotion Code – non-editable textbox.
An automatically-generated code that Minfos uses to identify saved promotions.
F. Start Date and End Date – enter the promotion’s active date range.
G. Apply promotion more than once to sale basket:
- Leave checkbox selected to receive the promotional discount multiple times in a single transaction or,
- Deselect checkbox to disable to receive a single promotional discount in a transaction.
H. Enable manual discount:
- Leave checkbox deselected to disable a further discount at the Till or,
- Select to enable a further discount at the Till.
6. Click Next.
Note: By default, products on promotion cannot be discounted manually. To enable a product to be discounted manually, mark it as discountable in the product stock card. Till Preferences need to be set to Stack Manual Discounts.
7. Click Range or Next to add products to the promotion (both buttons will open the same screen).
8. Now refer to Add products to a Set Sales Price promotion for guidance.