Direct Supplier MNPN updates will add new product information, update existing product descriptions and supplier details, such as PDE and barcodes. These updates do not change retail or cost prices.
Set up automatic Direct Supplier MNPN updates
1. From Stock Manager, click the File menu, click 7. MNPN Updates and select 1. Supplier MNPN Updates.
The Manage Supplier MNPN Updates window is displayed.
By default, the 06080 Symbion (Symbion dailies) supplier is populated. For more information, see Symbion Daily Updates.
2. Click the Add button.
The Supplier MNPN Update Configuration window is displayed.
3. Enter the supplier code or the name of the supplier you wish to set up automatic updates for e.g. ‘02120’ or ‘Blackmores’.
4. From the Type dropdown box select Automatic Update.
5. Select the checkboxes for the Update Options you wish to apply each time the Blackmores MNPN Update is imported.
We recommend selecting the Import Alternate Barcodes, Update Product Names and the Update Alt. Supplier Information checkboxes and leaving the Update Minfos Departments and Update Items in Pack checkboxes de-selected.
Note: For Terry White Chemmart stores that are live with The Hub, de-select Import name checkbox, and click Okay.
6. Select OK to save.
7. The Manage Supplier MNPN Updates window is displayed and ‘02120 Blackmores’ now has an ‘A’ icon and is displayed in Blue to identify that automatic updates have been set up.
8. A Blackmores MNPN update will be collected automatically when Minfos Database make an update available.
9. Once an update has been applied, the Date Last Run and the Time Last Run columns are updated. The Last Run Results in the Supplier MNPN Update Configuration window is also updated.
10. Repeat steps 2 to 10 for all direct suppliers.
11. Click Cancel on the Manage Supplier MNPN Updates window to close.
Supplier MNPN Update Options
Import Alternate Barcodes
Selecting the Import Alternate Barcodes checkbox will import any additional barcodes which are not already attached to the product in Product Maintenance.
It is recommended that this checkbox is always selected.
Update Minfos Departments
Selecting Update Minfos Departments will import Minfos created Departments into the Category field of each product in the stores database.
Importing Minfos Departments is not recommended.
Update Product Names
Selecting Update Product Names will import Minfos Master Database product descriptions to the store product descriptions. Selecting this option will alter any changes that the store has made manually to a product when collecting the MNPN update for that supplier.
It is recommended that this checkbox is always selected, unless you are live with The Hub.
Update Items in Pack
Selecting the Update Items in Pack checkbox will update the items in pack for non-drug products where the supplier provides this information. This is beneficial for DoseAid & Meditec stores to ensure the pack quantity is updated into the Virtual Pillbox.
Update Alt Supplier Information
Checking the Update Alt. Supplier Information checkbox will import supplier information for all suppliers which stock any products within the MNPN update that is being collected.
Leaving Update Alt. Supplier Information unchecked will only import supplier information for the supplier of the MNPN update which is being collected.