This article is an overview of the end to end process of removing duplicate PDEs from your database. Duplicate PDEs in your database may cause issues with stock on hand accuracy and ordering. It is recommended to action this process monthly.
- This process can be followed by a Master Multistore system, but cannot be used for a Slave Multistore pharmacy. If your store is a Slave Multistore pharmacy, please contact Minfos Support to discuss your options.
- Ensure you have collected and actioned the MNPN Merge File from Minfos Master Database before continuing with this process.
To identify products with duplicate PDEs run the Product Exceptions Report following the instructions below.
Product Exceptions Report
This report is used to identify multiple products with the same PDE number for a supplier.
1.From Stock Manager, click the Reports menu.
2. Click 2. Product Reports and select 3. Product Exceptions Report.
The Product Exception Report window is displayed.
3. In the Sorted by dropdown list select Supplier.
4. Leave the From and To fields at the default, to include all suppliers.
5. Leave Exception Format as it is - this section is ignored when Show Duplicate PDE is checked.
6. Leave the Stocked Only checkbox unselected.
7. Check the Show Duplicate PDE checkbox.
8. Leave the Exclude Disp. checkbox unselected.
9. Click Okay to run the report.
The Product Exceptions Report is displayed.
10. Click Print to print the report.
Steps to action the duplicate PDEs
After running the Product Exceptions Report using the above instructions,complete the 6 steps described below to correct any duplications. Products displayed on the report may not be duplicated products; they may just share the same PDE listed for the supplier.
If a slave product is flagged as a drug the duplicate product cannot be merged, the next dispense update should remove the drug flag from the slave product.
Note: It is not required that steps 1 to 6 are all completed on the same day.
If a product has been added at store level and collected in a Minfos MNPN update, there is a possibility of a duplicated product. If these are not merged, you run the risk of invoicing under 1 product and selling out on the other product stock card. This can cause issues with SOH and GP%. The Master product is the product with an MNPN number.
If you check Update Alt. Supplier Information as part of Supplier MNPN Update Configurations, this may result in suppliers that you do not purchase from being listed against products in your database. If the supplier re uses a PDE, products will be reported as a duplicate, if these are not cleared.
Note: All parts of Step 3 should be completed on the same day for each supplier.
As some suppliers re-use PDE’s this process will ensure the correct product is ordered and invoiced into your database.
- Clearing the Supplier will not delete the product from the database, it only removes that supplier listed against the product.
- If the Preferred Supplier is cleared, MV will become the Preferred Supplier.
- If you clear a supplier incorrectly, the supplier update can be re-collected and a Quick-Fix from Alternate Supplier to Preferred Supplier can fix the products.
Follow the link above for guidance.
Products displaying a single digit, double digit or barcode in place of a PDE are generally incorrect.
Any products remaining on the report after Steps 1 to 5 have been completed are likely to be duplicated products and need to be merged. The lower MNPN number is the Master product.