If you have not closed the Product Merges window after the file import skip the first section - proceed to Auto Merge or Individually Merge sections for guidance to action the merges.
Open the Product Merges
1. From Stock Manager, click the Products menu.
2. Click 8.Product Merges.
The Product Merges window is displayed.
On the Product Merges window:
- The Master column lists products that will remain in your database.
- The Slavecolumn lists products that will ‘disappear’ when each merge is completed.
- The sales, purchase and dispense history from the slave products will be merged into the master products. The SOH quantities for both products are combined.
1. If you have Auto-merging configured, you can either wait for the EOD (End of Day) to run and the products that qualify for auto merging will be merged, or click Auto Merge to force this process to take place now. For further information about which products will be auto-merged refer to MNPN Product Merge overview
2. If you do not have auto-merging configured, click the Auto-merge button or you can choose to manually merge individually.
The Auto-merge window is displayed.
3. Click OK.
4. Once the merging has taken place, the Auto-merge window displays the results of the auto merge action.
5. Click OK to close the Auto-merge window.
The Product Merges window is updated and displays the outstanding product merges.
1. Highlight a row to action, then click Merge.
2. The Product Merge window is displayed.
A. This column displays the product attributes from the Master product, the user does not get a choice in the name of the product. The Master name will ALWAYS be used.
B. This column displays the product attributes from the Slave product. If the Slave product barcode is not selected it will automatically be added as an alternate barcode after the merge has been completed
C. This column displays a preview of the product after the Merge.
D. This is the Main Barcode from Product Maintenance.
E. This is the current Retail Price from Product Maintenance.
F. This is the current Unit Cost from Product Maintenance.
G. This is the current GST flag from Product Maintenance.
H. This is current stocked status from Product Maintenance.
I. This is the preferred supplier from Product Maintenance.
J. This is the current Price Policy from Product Maintenance.
K. This is the current Department from Product Maintenance.
L. This is the current Company from Product Maintenance.
M. This is the current Brand from Product Maintenance.
N. This is the current IEU from Product Maintenance.
O. This is the current Class from Product Maintenance.
P. This is the current Location from Product Maintenance.
Q. This is the current AR Product Code from Product Maintenance.
R. This indicates if the product is currently in a promotion.
S. Check this box to confirm the Merge.
T. Use the Merge and Queue Label option to Merge the products together and add a label to your label queue, this option should be used if the product is stocked.
U. Use Merge to merge the products together where a label is not required.
V. Use Cancel to close the window.
3. Select the Radio Buttons against either the Master or Slave options to and then review the Merged Product (Preview), which shows the details that will be retained in the merge.
- If one of the products contains a negative SOH, that product should have the correct barcode.
- If one of the products contains a positive SOH and has the most recent Last Purch date, that product should have the correct Unit Cost, GST, Retail Price, Preferred Supplier, and category details e.g. Department, Class etc
- If both products are marked as stocked and have a positive or negative stock on hand quantity, it may be necessary to review each prodcut in Product Maintenace before confirming the merge – see Review Merges further.
- If both products are not stocked and have no SOH, check the Confirm Preview check box and click Merge. If the product is still maintained in the Minfos Master Database, the correct information will flow down into your database when that supplier update is collected next. Actioning this type of Merge is not necessary if you have Apply Automatic Product Merges configured.
4. Check the Confirm Preview check box.
5. Click either Merge & Queue Label or Merge, to merge the products. It is recommended that Merge & Queue Label is selected if there has been a change to the Retail Price or product name.
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 for all products than can be merged.
Note: This process cannot be reversed. Ensure all details are correct before merging.
7. It may be necessary to review some merges further. If not, the Merge process is now complete.
8. Repeat the steps each time there is a Merge file to download.