The Minfos Claim Process
Follow the steps below to learn about the full claim process. This is a multiple step process but not all steps are required to be completed on the same day.
Step 1: Daily Claim Maintenance tasks
Performing daily claim maintenance tasks ensures your current claim contains the proper information in order for you to receive the correct payment from Medicare.
Refer to Daily Claim Maintenance tasks for guidance.
Step 2: Starting a New Claim
When you start a new claim, your current claim becomes open for editing and a new current claim is created. Any scripts dispensed after you have started a new claim will go into the new current claim
Refer to these articles for further information:
Step 3: Editing a Claim
This section provides instructions for editing a claim, which ensures all of the scripts in the claim contain the right information when the claim is sent to PBS, so that you receive the correct payment from Medicare.
Refer to these articles for guidance:
- Editing a Claim Overview
- Editing Claims - Select the correct Claim Period
- Editing Claims - View the scripts in the Claim
- Editing Claims - View Error Fix Instructions
- Editing Claims - Correct scripts with errors
- Editing Claims - Defer a script to the Current Claim
- Editing Claims - Find which Claim a deferred script was moved to
- Editing Claims - Exclude a script from being claimed
- Editing Claims - Search for a script in the Claim
- Editing Claims - Run Script Options
- Editing Claims - Manually re-transmit a script to PBS
Step 4: Closing a Claim
This section provides instructions for correctly closing your claim, in order to receive payments from Medicare.
Refer to these articles for instructions:
- Closing a Claim
- Closing a Claim - Print Certification of Supply form
- Closing a Claim - Close Failed error
- Closing a Claim - Manually Close or Resubmit a Claim after an error
Step 5: Running Minfos Claim Reports
Minfos claim reports can be run for current, open, and closed claims. The Minfos claim reports allow you to review the scripts in your claim before the PBS statement has run.
The following Minfos reports are available:
- Minfos Claim Statistics Report
- Minfos Claim Summary Report
- Minfos Claim Detailed Report
- Minfos Claim Value Report
Step 6: Running PBS Claim Reports
PBS Online Claim Reports are useful for reconciling payments from Medicare for selected claims. PBS Online claim reports can be run for current, open and closed claims.
The following PBS reports are available:
- PBS Claim Statement
- PBS Online Detailed Claim Report
- PBS Online Summary Reconciliation Report
- PBS Online Rejected Scripts Report
- PBS Online Weekly Payment Report
Watch an overview of managing claims in Minfos
Please note that this video does not have audio.