Pharmacies that transmit orders via PharmX to a supplier that provides their current out of stock levels to PharmX, can retrieve out of stock information shortly after an order has been transmitted.
Minfos will compare order quantities in the transmitted order to current stock on hand quantities at the warehouse. An order is then created containing products and quantities that may not be supplied based on current supplier stock levels.
To collect out of stocks from the supplier
From the Minfos Launch Pad:
1. Click the Special menu and select Utilities.
The Utilities module is displayed.
2. Click the Config menu and select 1. Shop Configuration.
The Shop Configuration window is displayed.
3. Click the Stock Manager tab.
4. Check the Collect Supplier Out Of Stocks checkbox.
Note: Only out of stock notices from the time the configuration is turned on will be imported and displayed in Order Maintenance.
5. Click OK to save.
From Order Maintenance, shortly after transmitting an order, click Collect Invoices (or set up to Automatically Collect Invoices) and if the supplier provides their current stock levels to PharmX e.g. Symbion:
- Minfos will collect any invoices available on PharmX
- Once collected, if there are any out of stock items, a new order with a Created status is created
- This order will be displayed with description of OOS from P.O. 123456 - which is an abbreviation for 'Out of stocks from Purchase Order 123456' (123456 being the Minfos Order Number)
- The contents of the order will be any times ordered from the original order that may be out of stock at the warehouse
Note: The created out of stock order is based on the stock on hand at the supplier at the time the order was placed. This may differ to the stock on hand that is available when the order is picked and invoiced. Therefore stock may not be received that did not appear on the out of stock order or you may receive stock that did appear on an out of stock order. The out of stock order is indicative and should be used as an indication only. A backorder will still be created for any products not supplied when the invoice is collected from PharmX.