Centralised Customer Accounts can be charged or make a payment without linking to a Customer, by searching in either Dispense or the Till.
Stores can link Customers to Centralised Customer Accounts, which allows customers to be automatically invoiced. Multiple Customers can be linked to the same Centralised Customer Account. If a customer does not yet have a Centralised Customer Account, refer to Add a new Centralised Customer Account.
Note: Head Offices cannot link Customers to Centralised Customer Accounts, as Customers are saved locally at stores, not shared across the Multi-tore group.
From Customer Management:
- Click the Customer Maintenance icon.
The Customer Maintenance window is displayed.
- Find and highlight the required customer from the list, and click Change.
The Customer Editing window is displayed.
- Select the Accounts tab.
- Check the Link to account checkbox.
The field to the right of the checkbox is enabled.
- Click in the enabled field and press [Tab]. You can also type the name of the account to search.
The Account Search window is displayed.
- Select the Centralised Customer Account from the list, and click Okay.
Note: This search will display Accounts with an Active status, which are available to be linked to Customers. Inactive or Suspended accounts cannot be linked and are not displayed.
The account details will display in the Accounts tab of the Customer Editing window.
- Click OK to save the changes and link the Customer to the Centralised Customer Account.