This articles covers the following:
1. You are required to register with your states Real Time Prescription Monitoring service, once registered you can enable RTPM in Minfos. It is up to each state if they use this service, when they roll it out and when or if it is mandatory to use. Refer to your state's health department for more information.
2. Contact your states RTPM service on how to use the RTPM interface.
From Dispense Pro:
1. Click the Maintenance menu and select D. Configuration.
The Configuration window is displayed.
2. From the Real Time Prescription Monitoring section of the Pharmacy tab, check the Enable RTPM checkbox.
The Enable RTPM prompt is displayed.3. Click Yes to continue, or Cancel to close the prompt.
Note The Product Access Token, URL and State/Territory Website are pre-populated based on the State set in the Business section of your Minfos Database. These should NOT be changed unless advised by your State's RTPM service or Minfos Support.
4. Click OK to save the Configuration window.
Warning If you are not registered or logged into your state's RTPM service you will receive incorrect prompts during the dispensing process.
Note This article provides examples from the Victorian SafeScript RTPM service.
When you are registered and logged into your state's RTPM and you select a monitored drug on the Dispense Form you will receive one of the following prompts in the top right hand corner of Minfos:
|A GREEN notification will display but pharmacists are NOTrequired to click on the notification and review the patient history:|
Note If you are not registered or logged you may receive this notification regardless of when the patient was last dispensed this product.
|An AMBER notification will display and pharmacists are required to click on the notification to review the patient history to assess whether it is save or appropriate to dispense a medicine:|
*This example shows multiple prompts for the same patient.
|A RED notification will display when there is a current alert relating to the dispensing history of a patient and pharmacists are required to click on the notification to review the patient history to assess whether it is safe or appropriate to dispense a medicine:|
|Log in to your state's RTPM service.|
Refer to the SafeScript video to view the dispensing process.