A message can be added to the till that will display to sales clerks each time they log in. This is beneficial when you want to provide information to your team as they interact with a customer, for example, you are having an in-store member’s only night soon.
Set up the Till Message:
From the Minfos Launch Pad:
1. Click the Special menu and select Utilities.
2. From the Utilities module, click the Shop Configuration icon.
The Shop Configuration window is displayed.
3. Click the Till tab.
4. From the Till Message section, check the Display Message checkbox.
5. Enter the Message, up to a maximum of 160 characters. A character count is displayed in the bottom right hand corner of the text box. 6. If required, you can adjust both the Foreground (Text) and Background colours. The colour model is RGB.
a. Enter the required numbers in the Red, Green and Blue fields.
b. The Sample palette will update.
c. The Till Message field provides an example of the text and backgrounds together.
d. If the Red, Green and Blue fields are entered incorrectly, click Reset to Default Colours to return to the Minfos default colours.
7. Click OK to Save.
From the Till:
1. Enter your Clerk Code and press [Enter].
The Till Message is displayed.2. Click Dismiss or press [Esc] to close the message.
Note The message will need to be dismissed by the salesperson. Scanning a product will NOT dismiss the prompt. No other actions can be performed in the transaction until the Till Message has been dismissed.
3. Continue the transaction as per your normal process.