Label Maintenance is used to create, edit and manage your shelf, product and shelf talker (promotion) label templates.
Shelf, product and shelf talker (promotion) label templates can be customised to suit your pharmacy needs.
From the Minfos Launch Pad:
1. Click the Special menu and select Utilities.
The Utilities module is displayed.
2. Click the Label Maintenance icon.
The Label Maintenance window is displayed, which shows your pharmacy’s label templates.
The Created by column displays Minfos or Store for each label.
- Labels created by Minfos are default label templates, which cannot be edited, renamed, deleted, imported or exported.
- Store-created labels are those that are either newly-created at your pharmacy, copies of Minfos labels, or imported. These labels can be edited, renamed, deleted, imported and exported.
This article covers:
- Setting a label as active or inactive
- Creating a pharmacy label template
- Renaming a label
- Deleting a label
- Importing a label
- Exporting a label
- Refer to Print labels from the Label Queue, Print labels for retail price changes and Print Labels from Promotion Maintenance for instructions on how to print labels in Minfos.
You can set a Minfos label as inactive so that they are not visible across your label printing windows.
Most default Minfos labels are set as active and are shown with the green “A” icon (). When you set a label as inactive, the label is no longer visible in any of the label printing windows.
To toggle the active status of a label, go to:
- The Label Maintenance window, click a label template to highlight it.
- Click Set Active. The label’s active status is changed.
There are two ways that you can create pharmacy label templates. You can:
- Use an existing label as a template, and then edit the copy to suit your pharmacy’s needs.
Refer to Save a copy of a label.
- Create a new label. This method is suitable for advanced users.
Refer to Create a new label.
Save a copy of a label
1. On the Label Maintenance window, click a label template, and then click Save a Copy.
2. In the New Label (Copy) text box, enter a name for your new label, then click Save Copy.
The new label template is saved, and is shown on the Label Maintenance window with the word “Store” in the Created by column.
3. Click Edit Label, to customise the label. Refer to Editing labels for instructions on using the Label Editor.
Create a new label
This method is recommended for advanced users.
For extensive instructions, please refer to Combit’s List and Label Designer Manual.
Tip The easiest way to create your customised labels is to save a copy of an existing label.
To create a new label:
1. On the Label Maintenance window, click New Label.
2. In the Label Name text box, enter a name for your label, then click Launch Label Editor.
Refer to Editing labels for instructions on using the Label Editor to customise the label.
1. On the Label Maintenance window, click a store-created label template, then click Rename.
Note Minfos labels cannot be renamed.
2. To rename a label, enter a new name in the New Name text box, then click Save.
1. On the Label Maintenance window, click a store-created label template, then click Delete
Note Minfos labels cannot be deleted.
2. Click Delete to remove the label template from the Label Maintenance window.
1. On the Label Maintenance window, click Import.
2. Search for the label to import, then click Open.
3. If required, enter a new name in the Label Name text box.
4. Click Import to import the label. The label is displayed on the Label Maintenance window as a store-created label.
Please see Shelf and Product Label templates for a range of different Minfos created labels to import.
1. On the Label Maintenance window, click a store-created label template, then click Export.
Note Minfos labels cannot be exported.
2. Enter a file location and a new file name, then click Save.