The brand of a medication may be updated in bulk, e.g. substituting one brand for another by using the Substitute Drug function.
Drug substitutions can be performed in two places.
- For single or multiple patients - using the Substitute Drug button on the Profiles window.
- For single patients - using the Substitute Drug button on the Medication Grid window. Selecting the Show Active Medications Only checkbox will display only active medications.
1. Select the patient(s) you want to update. Click the Substitute Drug button or [Alt] + [B]. The Select Substitutable Drug window will display.
2. Enter the drug to be substituted and a list of equivalent drugs will display. Select a drug from the list and click the Substitute Drug button or [Alt] + [B].
For DoseAid Packing: The DoseAid to Insert icon will display next to drugs that are listed in the DoseAid medicine file.
3. The following prompt will display. Confirm your choice by clicking Yes, Substitute Drug.
4. If none of the selected patients had the current drug in their profile, the following message will display. Otherwise a message will display showing how many of the selected patients had the drug in their profile and were therefore updated.