The order feature has been designed to allow pharmacy staff to ‘walk the store’ and create a simple order from their mobile device. The order will need to be reviewed/edited and transmitted to the supplier via Order Maintenance. The quantity is not validated in the mobile app (minimum order quantities, retail units etc. are ignored).
Minfos best practice is to use Order Generation to create your orders. Please refer to Generate an order for more information.
Minfos mobile App ordering features:
When the first product for that day is added to an order via the Minfos App, the order is created in Order Maintenance for the preferred supplier from the products’ stock card and has a Description “App dd/mm/yy”.
As other items are scanned on the same day for the same preferred supplier, these will be added to the already created order.
A new App order will be created when:
- The order Description or Status is changed, e.g. the order is transmitted
- If today’s App order is open for editing in Order Maintenance
- Products are added that have different preferred suppliers. New orders will be created for each of those suppliers. They will have the same description i.e. 'App dd/mm/yy'
If an item is added to the order that has already been added, the quantities will increase against the existing entry.
For example: If, via the Minfos App, eight Lipitor Tab 20mg are added to an order at 8.30am, then an hour later another 10 Lipitor Tab 20mg are added via the Minfos App, then the total quantity of Lipitor Tab 20mg in that order is 18.
The Minfos App orders are date specific and will create an order for that preferred supplier for the current date. There may be multiple 'App orders' in the created state for the same supplier but different days.
For example: If eight Lipitor Tab 20mg (preferred supplier Symbion) are added to an order via the Minfos App on the 01/03/20, there will be a created order for Symbion Pty Ltd with the description App 01/03/20. The next day, the same product is added to an order from the Minfos App with a quantity of 10, another order for Symbion with the description 'App 02/03/20' will be created.
Both stocked and not stocked products can be added to an order via the Minfos mobile App.
App dd/mm/yy orders can be merged into the ‘daily’ generated orders in Order Maintenance for review before transmitting the order. Refer to Merge an Order for further guidance.
1. Open Minfos App on your mobile device.
The access window displays requesting your pair code.
2. To obtain the pair code, navigate to Minfos Stock Manager, click the Stock Control menu and select 8. Stocktake Pair Code.
Note: This code changes every day, you will require the new code when you first log in to Minfos App each day.
3. Enter this code into the mobile device to sign in.
4. From the menu, select the function you wish to perform.
How to add a product to an order via the Minfos App:
From the Order option:
The Product Search field is displayed.
1. Search for the product by scanning the barcode, if an exact match to a product can be found, the Order Details screen is displayed. Alternatively, search the product by typing in the barcode or name, then select from the search results displayed.
a. Enter the quantity you want to order into the Order Qty field.
b. Select Clear if you have entered an incorrect quantity in the Order Qty field, but have not yet selected Save.
c. Select Save to add the product to the order.
d. Select the back arrow to close the Order Details screen with no changes.
The Quick Order Added screen is displayed and the product is added to the order.
2. The Camera Scanner screen is displayed, repeat steps 1 to 1c to continue to put products on order.
3. Navigate to Order Maintenance to review, edit and transmit the order/s created via the Minfos App.