You can choose to explicitly opt in / opt out an individual customer from receiving the co-payment discount, if the customer is not linked to an already opted-out care facility.
- If the customer is attached to a care facility that has been excluded from receiving the co-payment discount, the customer’s individual opt out setting is ignored.
- When the customer is no longer attached to an excluded care facility, or the care facility is no longer excluded from receiving the discount, the customer’s individual opt out setting is applied.
1. On the Dispensing form search for the customer you want to opt out of the discount.
2. Click Change f3, or press [F3] to display the Customer Editing window.
3. Choose from the following options:
- Pharmacy Default - this uses your pharmacy’s co-payment discount default
- Opt out of Co-Payment Discount - to opt the customer out
- Opt in to Co-Payment Discount - to opt the customer in
Note: If the drop down box is disabled, this means the selected customer is attached to a care facility that has already been excluded from receiving the discount.
4. Click OK.
If Opt out of Co-Payment Discount was selected, the customer is excluded from receiving the co‑payment discount.
When you dispense to a customer that has opted out of the discount, the Co-Pay] check box on the dispensing screen is disabled.