After you have run a High Cost Items Report to identify high cost items, you can create a specific category for these items.
Create a High Cost Items Category
1. From Stock Manager, click the Maintenance menu and select A. Category Maintenance.
2. The Category Maintenance window is displayed.
A. Click the Category Type dropdown and select the category.
B. Click Add to create a “High Cost Drugs” category.
3. The Department Entry window is displayed.
A. Enter a Code. It is recommended that the code is consecutive to the normal dispensary code this will allow reports to be generated including and excluding the high cost items.
B. Enter the Name of the new category.
C. Click Okay to create the category.
Allocate High Cost Items to the Category
1. From Stock Manager, select Product Maintenance.
2. Find the high cost item and click Change.
3. Click the Categories tab and enter the previously created category code to the category field.4. Click Okay to save changes.
5. Repeat this for each item required to be allocated to the High Cost Drugs Category.