This document describes the setup of an Intermec CN50 scanner. This article is intended for use by hardware technicians.
You will require the following files:
- WindowsMobilePowerToys.msi - This file is contained in the zip file you can download here.
- cerdisp2.exe - This file can be found in the following folder on your computer after installing WindowsMobilePowerToys: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys\ActiveSync_Remote_Display\devices\smartphone\wce400\armv4
- PDAClient.CAB - PDA Client file. This file can be found the C:\Minfos01 folder on any computer running Minfos.
Install PDA Wireless Software
To enable communication between computer and scanner, software needs to be installed. For Windows 7 and above, this software is Windows Mobile Device Centre.
To install software on the Intermec CN50 scanner:
1. Connect the scanner dock to a computer using a Micro USB cable.
2. Place the scanner in the dock. Eg: Motorola CN50 Dock/Charger
3. Access the Windows Mobile Device Centre contained in the zip file here.
4. Copy this file to the computer and run it to install the program on your computer.
5. After installing and running Windows Mobile Device Centre, the following window should appear:
6. If the Device Centre reports that you are not connected, you may need to restart the scanner. The scanner should appear in the Computer/My Computer window (e.g. as below on Windows 7):
Install Windows Mobile Power Toys (Remote Viewer for PDA Screen)
Once the Windows Mobile Device Centre has been installed on your computer:
1. Run the WindowsMobilePowerToys installer on your computer.
2. Open Windows Mobile Device Centre.
3. Connect the PDA to the computer.
4. Copy the cerdisp2.exe file into the Windows folder on the PDA. This file can be found in the following folder on your computer after installing WindowsMobilePowerToys: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys\ActiveSync_Remote_Display\devices\smartphone\wce400\armv4
5. Run ActiveSync Remote Display on the computer.
PDA Client Installation and Configuration
1. Copy the PDAClient.CAB file into any folder on the scanner. This file can be found the C:\Minfos01 folder on any computer running Minfos.
2. On the scanner, click the Start menu and open File Explorer.
3. In File Explorer, navigate to the folder that the PDAClient.CAB was copied into and run it.
4. When asked for the location to install the program, leave it as default option Device and tap install.
5. Tap ok once the program is installed.
Create a PDA Shortcut for the PDA Desktop
1. Using file explorer, go to the \Program Files\PADClientSetup\ folder.
2. In the folder, tap and hold on PDAClient until the menu appears then click Copy.
3. Using File Explorer, go to the Windows\Start Menu folder. Tap and hold in the folder until the menu appears, then tap Paste Shortcut.
4. Close File Explorer by tapping the X on the top right of the screen.
5. If you click on the Start menu now, you should see a shortcut to the PDA Client.
PDA Wireless Server & PDA Client Settings
1. Start the PDA Client, tap Options, then tap Settings.
There are two tabs on the scanner Settings window, Server and Client.
2. In the Server tab, ensure the Server Name/IP Address is the IP Address of the computer that is running PDA Wireless Server (Server6.exe).
3. The PDA Client is now configured.
Connect the Intermec CN50 to Wi-Fi
1. On the desktop screen of the scanner, tap the Start menu, then tap Settings.
2. Tap the Connections tab.
3. In the Connections tab, tap the Wi-Fi icon.
You should then see a list of local Wi-Fi networks.
4. Select the network that belongs to the pharmacy and tap ok.
5. Tap Next until you arrive at the Configure Network Authentication window.
6. Enter in the Wi-Fi password and tap Next, then tap Finish.
The PDA should now be connected to the Wi-Fi network.