Your Minfos database will normally run an automatic backup each night.
When then backup has not run overnight, the prompt is displayed, along with the number of nights since the backup has been run.
If a backup has not run for five nights, on the morning of the sixth day you will be prompted to enter an access code to log into Minfos. To obtain an access code, call Minfos support.
The automatic back up will not occur overnight if:
- Minfos is left open on any station
- There is a power outage
- The computer which runs the backup is turned off
- Minfos Automation Manager is closed
Warning When no automatic back up was run, your external back up will be out-of-date.
To run the back up now
1. Ensure that you are logged out of Minfos on all stations except the one which runs the backup.
2. Click Yes.
The Backup Database window is displayed
3. Ensure that the Connections text box displays 0.
4. Check the Continue check box.
5. Click Okay, to start backing up your Minfos database.
The Processing window is displayed.
Note: The backup process can take between 5 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your database and the speed of your computer.6. Once complete, the Back Up window, with the number of bytes backed up, is displayed.
7. Click OK, to close the back up window.
Your Minfos database is now backed up.
To run the back up later
If you choose to run a back up later if you select No on the warning prompt.
Note: You must run the backup as soon as possible. You can do this by running a manual backup at the end of the day's trading, prior to leaving your store.Please refer to Back up your Minfos database manually.