This promotion type allows for a product or a range of products to be sold at a set price once the qualifying amount of products has been reached in the sales basket. For example: Buy any 5 Hydralyte effervescent tablets packs for $45.
The promotional discount is applied once the qualifying product quantity is reached and when customers purchase:
- A combination of products within a promotion and meet the qualifying quantity
- A multiple of the same product within the promotion and meet the qualifying quantity
- Additional products above the qualifying quantity
Add a promotion
From the Promotions module:
1. Click the Promotions menu and select 1. Promotion Maintenance or click the Promotion Maintenance icon.
The Promotion setup window is displayed.
2. From the Enquiry group box, select the New radio button and click Next.The Promotion Enquiry - Add Promotions window is displayed.
3. Click Add to create a new promotion.The Promotion maintenance - Add window is displayed.
4. Enter the promotion information.
a. Loyalty promotions – non-editable textbox.
b. Promotion Type – select 5. Multibuy for set sales price.
c. Promotion Name – enter a name for the promotion. This name will be shown for your reference in the Promotions module.
d. Promotion Description – enter short description, this can also be the same as the Promotion Name. This description will display on the multibuy prompt at the Till and in the Promotions module.
e. Promotion Code – non-editable textbox. An automatically-generated code that Minfos uses to identify saved promotions.
f. Start Date and End Date – enter the promotions’ active date range. The promotion will automatically start and end of these dates.
g. Apply promotion more than once to sale basket:
- Leave this checkbox checked to receive the promotional discount multiple times in a single transaction or,
- Uncheck checkbox to only receive a single promotional discount in a transaction.
h. Enable manual discount:
- Leave checkbox unchecked to disable a further discount at the Till or,
- Check the checkbox to allow furthers discounts at the Till.
Note: By default, products on promotion cannot be discounted manually. To enable a product to be discounted manually, ensure it flagged as discountable in the stock card. Till Preferences need to be set to Stack Manual Discounts.
5. Click Next.
The Promotion maintenance - Add <Multibuy Name> <Multibuy for set sales price> window is displayed.
6. Perform the following actions:
Note: The editable fields are determined by the type of promotion that you have selected.
a. Get – add in the number of products that should trigger the total sale amount.
b. For – Enter the total value of the sale for the number of products in the promotion.
c. Allow discount on each additional item:
- Checked – allows a customer to receive the promotional discount for each item the purchase in addition to the qualifying quantity of promotional products.
- Unchecked – the customer can only receive the promotional discount on multiples of the qualifying quantity of products included in the promotion.
Note: All products must be added to the transaction at the Till for the multibuy to trigger.
7. Click Range or Next to add products the promotion (both options open the same window).
The Promotion maintenance product - Add <Multibuy Name> window is displayed.