There are three methods this promotion type can be set up:
- Products are flagged as qualifying and discountable. For Example: Buy any 3 Revlon products and get the cheapest for $5 or Buy 3 Faulding products and get the cheapest for free
- Multiple products are part of the promotion, however to receive the discount, the customer must purchase the qualifying product. For Example: Buy 2 Faulding Fish Oils and receive any additional Faulding Product/s at $10
- All products are qualified to receive an equal discount. For Example: Buy any 3 Revlon products and get a discount of $2 for each product
The promotional discount is applied once the qualifying product quantity is reached and when customers purchase:
- A combination of products within the multibuy and meet the qualifying quantity
- A multiple of the same product within the promotion and meet the qualifying quantity
- Additional products above the qualifying quantity
Add a promotion
From the Promo Manager module:
1. Click the Promotions menu and select 1. Promotion Maintenance or click the Promotion Maintenance icon.
The Promotion setup window is displayed.
2. From the Enquiry group box, select the New radio button and click Next.The Promotion Enquiry - Add Promotions window is displayed.
3. Click Add to create a new promotion.The Promotion maintenance - Add window is displayed.
4. Enter the promotion information:
a. Loyalty promotions – non-editable textbox.
b. Promotion Type – select 3.Multibuy for $ amt.
c. Promotion Name – enter a name for the promotion. This name will be shown for your reference in the Promotions module.
d. Promotion Description – enter short description, this can also be the same as the Promotion Name. This description will display on the multibuy prompt at the Till and in the Promotions module.
e. Promotion Code – non-editable textbox. An automatically-generated code that Minfos uses to identify saved promotions.
f. Start Date and End Date – enter the promotions’ active date range. The promotion will automatically start and end on these dates.
g. Apply promotion more than once to sale basket:
- Leave the checkbox checked to receive the promotional discount multiple times in a single transaction or,
- Uncheck the checkbox to only receive a single promotional discount in a transaction.
h. Enable manual discount:
- Leave the checkbox unchecked to disable any further discount at the Till or,
- Check the checkbox to allow further discounts at the Till.
Note: By default, products cannot be discounted manually. To enable a product to be discounted manually, ensure it is flagged as discountable in the stock card. Till Preferences need to be set to Stack Manual Discounts.
5. Click Next.
The Promotion maintenance - Add <Multibuy Name> <Multibuy for $ amt> window is displayed.
6. Perform the following actions:
Note: The editable fields are determined by the type of promotion that you have selected.
a. Buy – add the number of items that the customer must purchase before they are eligible for the dollar amount off on the get item.
b. To apply the current retail price for the qualifying products, leave the at Store price checkbox checked, OR
c. Uncheck the at Store price checkbox and enter a special price for the qualifying products, the price is only reduced to this price when the Multibuy has been triggered.
d. Get – add in the number of items that the customer will receive a dollar amount off.
e. For – enter the $ amount that the cheapest product will be sold at.
f. If you check the Divide discount evenly across all product checkbox, Minfos will discount all products in the transaction. If left unchecked, the cheapest product will be discounted.
Note: All products must be added to the transaction at the till for the Multibuy to trigger.
7. Click Range or Next to add products to the promotion (both options open the same window).
The Promotion maintenance product - Add <Multibuy Name> window is displayed.
8. Refer to Add products to a Multibuy for $ Amount promotion.