The General 301 and 300 GP products should only be used in cases where the barcode does not scan, searching by name or searching for the product using an advanced search at the Till.
If the 301 or 300 GP Product is used, this must be corrected at the till on the same day as the processed transaction.
Using the General 301 or 300 GP Product to complete a sale will affect your stock on hand, gross profit and ordering. Refer to Check the General GP 300 & 301 sales and Correct General GP 300 & 301 sales for guidance.
The General 301 or 300 GP products should not be used to sell a bargain bin item, discontinued or short dated items and prescriptions.
1. From the Till, enter your Clerk Code and press enter.
2. Click the Hotkeys button.
3. Select General Inc. GST or General ex. GST, as required.
4. Enter the quantity of the products being sold in the text box and press [Enter].
5. Enter the unit price of the product being sold in the text box and press [Enter].
6. Click Add note to enter the details of the product being sold (up to 40 characters). It is recommended that the barcode and a brief product description be entered. This note will display on the docket, as well as other documentation such as Tax Invoices (from the Till), Customer History Reports and both interim and monthly statements.
7. Enter the product details, press [Enter].
8. Finalise the sale, as per the customers selected method of payment.
9. From the change screen, click Reprint Docket. If a note was added to the transaction, this step may not be required.
On the reprinted docket, it is recommended that the product name, barcode, pack size and price of the item are noted. If a note was added to the transaction, this step may not be required.
10. If you initially forget to reprint a docket you can use this method to reprint the last transaction docket for the clerk code being used. If a note was added to the transaction, this step may not be required.
- From the Till, enter your clerk code and press [Enter].
- Click Reprint Docket.
- The salesperson’s last docket is reprinted, press [Esc] to cancel the sale.