The receipting process to ‘mark off’ an order can be time consuming, with many stores manually checking off each product on the invoice. When a store receives multiple totes, it can be tricky to locate a product quickly or isolate high-cost items for closer verification.
Symbion has improved the electronic ordering workflow by providing the SSCC (tote barcode) information to Minfos. Minfos Ordering will now display details of the tote automatically after Symbion has picked and packed the stock.
- Streamlines the ‘marking off’ process and receipting of orders, improving efficiencies and freeing up stock controller’s time for other tasks.
- Easily identify the contents of each tote and whether the same item exists in multiple totes, making it easier to find stock and put stock out on the shelves.
- Ability to progressively mark off items that have been checked before final receipting into the system.
- Ability to sort order by tote or value, allowing high-value items to be easily identified for manual verification.
How does it work?
1. An order is placed with Symbion electronically from Minfos via PharmX.
2. The order is allocated to the customer’s fulfilment warehouse.
3. The order is picked and packed into one or more totes.
4. Each tote is allocated an SSCC barcode that is noted against the order.
5. As this information becomes available it will silently update the order in Minfos with the tote information.
6. Once the customer has collected the invoice and the stock has been physically delivered to their store, the tote barcode is scanned using the ‘Scan Tote’ button in Minfos Order Maintenance and/or the contents of the tote marked off. Tote information is also available within the order, allowing customers to quickly find a product and the tote it is packed in from the POS, removing the need to search through the hard copy invoice.
7. The customer will also be able to sort the order by cost (to identify what tote(s) the high cost items are in).
- Minfos version 5.8.2 or higher
- It is recommended that customers purchase or repurpose a low-cost barcode scanner to attach to a back-office Minfos terminal (to be used to scan SSCC barcodes on the totes)
- This integration does not use handheld PDA scanners or the Minfos Stocktake app
- Tote barcode information will be available from all Symbion warehouses
Watch the video to learn more