Products can be added or replaced in both generated orders and manual orders.
Please note that:
- Duplicates of the same product cannot be added to an order
- Locally maintained products (non MNPN products) cannot be added to an order
To add products or replace products in an order
1. To add a new product, press [Alt+A]. A new row is added to the order and the PDE search box is highlighted.2. Enter the PDE or press [Tab] to move the Name or MNPN field.
The window will update with products matching what was entered.3. To replace a product, search for the product in the order and then double click the PDE, Name, or MNPN field.
4. Search for the replacement product by entering the details in the relevant search box.
Any part of a name can be searched for in the Name field. For example, if “FISH” is searched for then product names that start with “FISH” will be shown first followed by products that contain “FISH” in the name.
Note: The same ‘contains the word’ search style is also implemented in the product search box at the top of the window.
5. Use either your mouse and click the product or use the [Arrow] keys to highlight the product and then press [Enter].
The product is displayed at the top of the list with the NEW icon ( ) and the product’s sales and purchase information is shown in the right side detail panel.
6. The focus is now on the Qty field and will default to either the Retail Units, Minimum Order Qty or 1.
7. To update the order quantity, refer to Change a product’s quantity.
If the Check for surplus stock check box was checked when the order was created, the product’s surplus stock information is calculated and the appropriate icon is shown. For instructions on viewing the surplus stock, see View surplus stock for a product in an order. 8. Click Save, or press [Alt+S] to save the order.
A prompt is displayed if you attempt to close the order without saving.