Allocating products into categories enables meaningful reporting, and increases the ease of ordering and maintaining accurate SOH. Although it’s easy to overlook, systematic inventory classification is vital to retail operations.
1. On the Minfos Stock Manager screen, click the Category Maintenance icon, or click the Maintenance menu, then click 1.Categories.
2. The Category Maintenance window is displayed, with the Brand category type shown by default.
3. If required, click the Category Type drop-down list, then click:
- Class, to review all of your class categories.
- Department, to review all of your department categories.
- IEU, to review all IEU categories.
- Location, to review all of your location categories.
4. All of the categories assigned to your selected category type are displayed.
5. If required, click the Display Order drop-down list, then click Code, to sort the list of categories by ID number.