1. Ensure you have follow the steps described in Introduction to Minfos SMS Connect.
2. From the Minfos Launchpad, click the Special menu and select Utilities.
3. Click the Shop Configuration icon.
4. The Shop Configuration window is displayed.
5. Click the SMS Template tab. Refer to the image below for the following features.
a. Setup the Sender ID. This ID will appear in the “sent from” address on the customer’s mobile phone. It has the following attributes.
- Maximum of 11 characters.
- Does not allow spaces.
- Alphanumeric characters only.
b. You can add your most frequently used message as a template.
- Define your message template using % shortcuts (e.g. entering %cfn will populate the message with the customer’s name). This field may be left empty.
- The length of the message can be more than 160 characters. If this is the case it is referred to as a multi-part message but the message will still display as a single message on the recipients handset. Multi-part messages are charged as additional SMS messages. The character count is updated as the message is typed.
c. A list of commonly used message shortcuts is displayed for reference.
Add customer mobile numbers
Enter a customer mobile number into the Mobile field in the Details tab on the Customer Editing window.
If the Home Phone or Work field contains a mobile number, this will be automatically migrated to the Mobile field when Minfos is updated to version 5.6.3.
The mobile number will be subject to validation when the OK button on the Customer Editing window is selected.
A warning prompt will display if the number fails the validation below:
- The number must start with either "+" or "04".
- Numbers starting with a number it must be exactly 10 digits long.
- Numbers starting with "+", may have a length from 7 to 15 digits (excluding the "+" and the country code).