Generating and actioning a negative stock report assists in maintaining accurate stock on hand figures. Minfos recommend Negative Stocks be reviewed weekly. Ensure you have completed all outstanding invoices before running the report.
This report will list any products that have a negative stock on hand in each category.
Location will be used as an example category throughout this document. The reports can be run by; Product, Department, Company, Brand, I.E.U, Class or Location.
These products should be investigated:
- Do you have the product in the pharmacy?
- Have you completed your invoices correctly, i.e. is the product a carton item and are the retail units and cost price correct in the stock card?
- Have you dispensed and sold the product and you are waiting the order to arrive for the customer?
- Have you sold a special order product prior to receiving the stock?
- Is the negative SOH the result of duplicated stock cards?
From Minfos Stock Manager:
1. Click the Reports menu, select 4. Stock Reports and click 2. Negative stocks report. 2. The Negative Stocks Report window is displayed.
a. From the Sorted by drop down menu select Location.
b. The From field defaults to the first Location set up in your database; if you want to run one Negative Stocks report for the entire store, leave this field at the default. Alternatively, enter the code or name of the starting Location.
c. The To field defaults to the last Location set up in your database; if you want to run one Negative Stocks report for the entire store, leave this field at the default. Alternatively, enter the code or name of the ending Location.
It is recommended that you run the General Location in one report; any products in the General Location can then be allocated to the correct Location.
3. Click Okay to generate the report.
4. Click Print to print the report.
5. Count the stock. Uncollected scripts waiting at the till need to be counted. Broken packs need to be counted as one full pack, use the Sub-Units counted for the number of tablets.