Head Office operators can create, name and assign slave stores to groups in order to more efficiently manage the export of promotions, ensure you Subscribe slave stores to receive head office promotions.
There is no limit to the number of groups that may be created, and no limit to the number of groups to which a store may be assigned. Therefore, branded stores can all be maintained in particular groups, but also receive alternative promotions.
For example, they can also exist in other groups according to size or discount strategy.
- Head offices can efficiently manage the groups as per their strategy
- Stores belonging to more than one group which has been exported the same promotion will only receive a promotion once
- The Export to Stores option in Promotions is open by default to the group tab, click here to learn how to export a promotion to a Group or a single store.
To set up Groups:
From Head Office in the Multi-Store module:
1. Click the Maintenance menu and select 5. Group Maintenance or click the Group Maintenance icon.
The Group Maintenance window is displayed.
2. Click Add.
The Add Group window is displayed with the Details tab selected, Group A will pre-populate in the Group Name.
3. Enter the name of the new group.
4. Click the Members tab.
5. Select the Is Member checkbox of the corresponding store/s and click OK to add it/them to the new group.
The Group Maintenance window displays the new group with the number of stores within the group.
6. To edit an existing group highlight it and click Edit.
The Edit Group window is displayed.
7. Update the Group Name and click OK to save.
8. To delete a group select it and click Delete.
The Group Maintenance prompt is displayed.9. Click Yes to delete the group. Only the group is deleted, the stores will remain part of your Multi-Store group.