When a head office is subscribed to publications from a slave store, the following information is updated in the head office in real time:
- Product inventory changes - Contains information about purchases, stock transfers and stock adjustments
- Store products - Contains the latest product stock on hand data, unit cost and retail price information
- Store sales - Contains sales data for products that have been sold at the slave store
- Sales person details - Contains the slave store staff information
The head office must subscribe to the above four publications for each slave store.
To subscribe to slave store publications:
1. From the Launch Pad click Update Manager by clicking on the Launch Pad icon.
2. Click the Subscriptions tab to open the Subscriptions window.
3. In the search box, enter the name of a slave store, then press [Enter] to search for their publications.
The search results are displayed in the publications list.
4. Select all Not Subscribed publications by clicking the first publication, holding down [Shift] and clicking the last publication.
All of the publications are now highlighted and the details of the first are displayed in the publication details panel on the right side of the window.
5. Subscribe to all of the publications by clicking the Subscribe button.
The Subscribe button is disabled if you are already subscribed to the selected publications.
The Status column will display Pending while the request is being processed. Once completed, it will then update to Subscribed.
The head office is now subscribed to all of the publications for that slave store.
6. Additional subscription options are available under the Store Products publication.
a. If Share SOH is checked, the Head Office will share the Publisher’s stock on hand information with other slave stores in the Multi-store group. If this is un-checked, the stock on hand information will be held at Head Office but not shared with slave stores.
b. If Share Unit Costs is checked, the Head Office will share the Publisher’s cost price information with other slave stores in the Multi-store group. If this is un-checked, the unit cost information will be held at Head Office but not shared with slave stores.
c. If Share Retail Pricing is checked, Head Office will share the Publisher's product Retail Price, GP & and Mark Up information with other slave stores in the Multi-store group. If this is un-checked this information will be held at Head Office but not shared with slave stores.
d. Click Save to update the Subscription Settings.
e. Click Close to close without saving any changes.
7. Close Update Manager by pressing [Esc] or clicking the close button on the window title bar.
When you exit Update Manager, any publications that are Pending will continue to be processed.
Click here to learn how to unsubscribe from store publications.