Depending on your Loyalty configuration settings, Loyalty type can either be in the form of Loyalty cash or Loyalty points (vouchers). This article is for Loyalty configured as Cash, click here to learn how to redeem a voucher.
The exact text on the button is defined in the Loyalty configuration settings. In this example, it has been named Rewards Cash.
The Rewards Cash button will be enabled only if the customer has Rewards Cash available for redemption.
1. Ensure you have scanned the customer’s Loyalty card, refer to Scan a Loyalty card during a sale.
You can scan a customer’s Loyalty card at any point during a sale before taking payment; that is:
- Before scanning the first product
- Between scanning products
- After scanning the last product, but before finalising the sale
The customer’s available Loyalty balance is displayed at the top right-hand corner of the Till.2. Scan the products the customer is buying.
3. When you are ready to accept payment, press the Rewards Cash button.The Rewards Cash Balance window is displayed. 4. The Redeemable Balance is displayed, enter the amount of Rewards Cash to redeem on the sale in the Tendered field and press Enter. Alternatively, press Select All to use all of the customer's available Redeemable Balance.
Loyalty currency can only be used to purchase products that are eligible and that have not been excluded from loyalty. See Manage the Loyalty status on a range of products or Manage Loyalty status of a single product, for instructions on excluding products from loyalty.
5. If the sale is valid:
a. But the Redeemable Balance was not high enough to cover the entire transaction, the End Sale Menu window is displayed. Select the appropriate tender type and process the sale accordingly.
b. And the Redeemable Balance was high enough to cover the entire transaction, the transaction is finalised and Change window is displayed.
The sales docket shows the following member details on a sales docket:
- Loyalty Cash opening balance
- Loyalty Cash redeemed
- Loyalty Cash earned
- Current Loyalty Cash balance
If Minfos cannot communicate with the Loyalty system:
- The following Error prompt is displayed.
- A message is printed on the sales docket in place of the customer’s Loyalty information, as shown in this example. Inform the customer that they need to contact the loyalty provider to claim their Loyalty Cash.