Solutions to common issues
Often the issue can be fixed by making sure that you’ve done the following:
- Correctly entered your store’s outgoing mail server address and settings.
- Your hardware vendor or ISP can advise you on your store’s email server address.
You may be able to check your mail server settings in the mail server account. Here are three common mail servers and their online help pages for their settings:
Help topic & Link to page
Outlook webmail (originally Hotmail)
“Apps that support POP3 and SMTP” on this Windows page:
Telstra and Bigpond
“Incoming / Outgoing Server Settings” on this Telstra page:
- Entered a valid email address for your store, which uses the outgoing mail server settings you entered.
- Entered a valid email address for the account customer, and checked the Email Statements check box.
- Aged your statements, either manually or automatically. For manual ageing steps, see: “Printing Customer Account statements” guide.
- Ask the customer to check their junk mail folder, if your send result report showed a “success” but the customer claims that they didn’t receive the email statement.
Extended configuration options have been added to Email Configuration to support Office 365 & Gmail email options.
Please refer to your hardware technician for setup/trouble shooting if you have been experiencing issues with your email. See Email Configuration
Email Statements is not enabled
If the Reports menu item 6. Email Statements is not enabled, then ensure that you’ve checked the Email Statements Enabled check box at step 7 of Set up email statements.
- Your store’s email settings will save to the Minfos workstation on which they’re entered.
Customer profile’s Email Statements check box is not enabled
If the Email Statements check box is not enabled in the account customer’s profile, then ensure that:
- The workstation is set up for email statements, including checking the Email Statements Enabled check box in Set up email statements If the workstation is not set up for emailing statements, then there will be no Email Statement check box is displayed in any customer profiles.
- You’ve entered a valid email address in the customer’s profile.
Blank account statement preview
If the account customer statement preview is blank either:
- No statements are available for the account customer and date range.
- The customer’s end of month statement isn’t available; you may need to manually age the statements.
“Failure” result in Email Statement Send Result Report
If the Email Statement Send Result Report shows a “Failure” in the Result column for:
- Some customers: Print the report and check that they’re the correct customer email addresses.
- All customers: Make sure your store's Outgoing Mail Server settings are set up correctly.
Contact your ISP or hardware vendor for assistance with these configuration details. If email statements continue to fail for all customers, then log a call with Minfos support.
If a “Failure” result also shows in the Errors column:
- “Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.3.4 Requested action not taken. To continue sending messages, please sign into your account.” Log into your mail server account and follow the steps.
- “Unable to read credentials from the registry. Please re-enter your credentials.”
Then repeat Set up email statements, to save the mail server settings to your workstation.
Not all customers have received their statements
If you are using Office365 and some but not all emails are sending successfully, tick the Limit transmission rate to 30 Emails per minute checkbox on the Email Statement Configuration screen. This option can hel your email provider restricts you from sending more than 30 emails per minute.
Once applied, Minfos will slow down the number of emails sent per minute to ensure the maximum is not exceeded.