Patients are automatically set up to use an HMC when they are linked to a hospital that has been set up as HMC compliant in Minfos.
1. In the Dispensing window, select the required patient that is assigned to a HMC compliant hospital.
In the Rx Date text box enter the chart commencement date in DD/MM/YYYY format. This date is the start date of the first medication that is listed on the HMC. Today’s date is displayed, by default.
2. Enter the drug to be dispensed.
The Drug Recall Window is displayed.
In the image below, the icon identifies the drugs that can be dispensed from a HMC.
Minfos will update Medication Chart data each month during the Dispense update.
3. Select the required drug, in this example, Amoxil Cap 250mg. Click Okay.
4. The Hospital Medication Chart Supply window will display.
a. Check the Compliant Hospital Medication Chart 9 (HMC) checkbox to specify that the supply is being dispensed from a compliant HMC.
b. Select the Patient Category - Inpatient, Discharge or Outpatient can be assigned.
c. Select the HMC duration from the HMC Valid For options - durations of 1, 4 or 12 months can be assigned.
Make the desired choices and click Ok.
5. The Dispense form and the selected drug are now displayed. The icon signifies that this drug is being dispensed from a HMC.
6. Continue dispensing as per your regular process.
Claiming for HMC dispensed medicine
Minfos allows you to claim eligible supply from a HMC electronically as per your regular dispense process.
For Medicare audit purposes, pharmacies are required to keep a copy of the HMC for a minimum of two years (or according to the relevant state or territory regulations) following the supply.