The February 2023 dispense update is now available. Your Minfos software automatically collects the updates and imports them at the correct time.
Changes in the dispense update
To view changes in the latest dispense update, please refer to the PBS Summary of Changes information available on the PBS website.
Morphine & Oxycodone Liquid pack size changes
PBS has changed the way the quantity is measured for the products below. All PBS item codes listed against these products are impacted by the changes.
• oral solution containing morphine hydrochloride trihydrate 2 mg per mL, 200 mL
• oral solution containing morphine hydrochloride trihydrate 5 mg per mL, 200 mL
• oral solution containing morphine hydrochloride trihydrate 10 mg per mL, 200 mL
• oral solution containing oxycodone hydrochloride 1 mg per mL, 250 mL
From 1 February 2023, PBS prescriptions for these products should be dispensed by the millilitres supplied.
To accommodate this change, it is necessary to have 2 stock cards for each of these products in your database for a transition period. The original stock card with Items in Pack of 1 and a new stock card with Items in Pack of 200 or 250mL.
Where a prescription dispensed prior to 1 February 2023 needs to be edited, the dispensing will still use the original product and the quantity of 1 (whole bottle) should be dispensed.
After 1 February, both new and repeat prescriptions should be dispensed under the new stock card i.e. dispensed by millilitre.
If these items are dispensed in your pharmacy, it is recommended that you move your stock on hand, barcode, preferred supplier and PDE to the new stockcard to avoid stock on hand and ordering issues.
The products affected by this change are:
• ORDINE O-SOLN 10MG/ML 200ML
• ORDINE O-SOLN 2MG/ML 200ML
• ORDINE O-SOLN 5MG/ML 200ML
• OXYNORM ORAL-LIQ 1MG/ML 250ML
Note: If your dispense update has not imported on the 1st of the month, please refer to these instructions to manually import your dispense updates.