Symbion has confirmed it will be distributing Pfizer products from the 30th of August 2021. Products can be ordered from Symbion from 9pm Friday the 27th of August for dispatch the week commencing Monday 30th of August.
Prior to ordering Pfizer products through Symbion, it is important that you change the Preferred Supplier in Minfos to Symbion.
This process consists of 3 steps:
- Ensure the latest Symbion Wholesaler Update has been run
- Ensure the Symbion Daily MNPN Update has been run
- Update the Preferred Supplier to Symbion
Please refer to the guidance below to assist you with this process.
Note This process may also be followed for other wholesalers provided the wholesaler and the associated PDEs for these products are in your database.
Ensure the latest Symbion Wholesaler Update has been run
1. From Stock Manager, click the File menu and select 8. Wholesaler updates.
The Manage Wholesaler Updates window is displayed.
2. Check the Date Last Run. If this was any date before 26 August 2021, click Apply Update.
Refer to Manual Wholesaler updates for further information about this process.
Ensure the Symbion Daily MNPN Update has been run
1. From Stock Manager, click the File menu, click 7. MNPN Updates and then select 1. Supplier MNPN Updates.
The Manage Supplier MNPN Updates window is displayed.
2. Click Find, and enter either Symbion or 06080 and click Okay.
3. Check the Date Last Run. If this was any date before 26 August 2021, click Apply Update.
Refer to Manual Symbion Daily updates for further information about this process.
Update the Preferred Supplier to Symbion
All Pfizer products are grouped in Minfos by Manufacturer code 86, Pfizer Australia Pty Ltd.
Using Product Quick Fix you can easily update the Preferred Supplier for products associated to this Manufacturer code. To learn more about Product Quick Fix refer to our videos.
1. From Stock Manager, click the Products menu and select 4. Product Quick Fix.
The Product Quick Fix Options window is displayed.
2. Select 18. Manufacturer from the Sort by dropdown list.
3. Enter 86 in both the From and To fields and click OK.
The Product Quick Fix window will display the products with this manufacturer.
4. The Stocked Only checkbox can be selected so the list will only display products marked as stocked.
5. To highlight a group of products, click on the first product, hold down [Shift] on the keyboard and click on the last product, or to highlight multiple non-consecutively listed products, hold down [Ctrl] and click each product individually. Alternatively, to highlight ALL products shown in the screen use [CTRL+A] on your keyboard.
6. Click Fix.
The Quick Fix Selection window will display.
7. Select checkbox Preferred Supplier.
8. Enter the Symbion Supplier Code of 06080, press [Tab] to update the window.
9. Click OK.
The Product Quick Fix window is updated with the product’s Preferred Supplier now set to Symbion.
10. When finished click Cancel to close the Product Quick Fix window.