There are two ways a $ off retail price promotion can be set up.
1. Discount a dollar amount for each product: Add products to a promotion and set a discount dollar ($) amount to be applied to each product within the promotion.
For example: $2 off selected Revlon lipsticks.
2. Set a spend amount to trigger a dollar amount discount: Add products to a promotion and setup the condition that the customer must spend a particular dollar amount before they can qualify for the discounted dollar amount on each product within that promotion.
For example: Receive $5 off Revlon Lipsticks when you spend $20 or more. That is, once the customer has spent over $20, they will receive $5 off each Revlon item in their sales basket within the promotion file.
Add a promotion
1. From the Minfos Launch Pad, click the Promotions icon.
2. Click the Promotion Maintenance icon.
3. From the Enquiry group box, select New.
4. Click Add to create a new promotion.
5. In the Promotion maintenance – Add screen, perform the following actions:
A. Loyalty promotions – non-editable textbox.
B. Promotion Type – select 1. $ off retail price.
C. Promotion Name – enter a name for the promotion.
This name will be shown for your reference in the Promotions module.
D. Promotion Description – enter short description.
This description will display on the multibuy prompt at the Till and in the Promotions module.
E. Promotion Code – non-editable textbox.
An automatically-generated code that Minfos uses to identify saved promotions.
F. Start Date and End Date – enter the promotions’ active date range.
G. Apply promotion more than once to sale basket:
- Leave checkbox selected to receive the promotional discount multiple times in a single transaction or,
- Deselect checkbox to disable to receive a single promotional discount in a transaction.
H. Enable manual discount:
- Leave checkbox deselected to disable a further discount at the Till or,
- Select to enable a further discount at the Till.
Note: By default, products cannot be discounted manually. To enable a product to be discounted manually, mark it as discountable in the product stock card.6. Click Next..
7. In the Promotion maintenance – Add window, perform the following actions:
a. Dollar amount reduced from price – Enter the dollar amount that needs to be discounted per product on promotion.
b. Dollar amount spent before discount applied – enter a dollar amount that the customer must spend on products within the promotion before the discount is applied to the products on promotion within their sales basket (optional field).
If this field is set at 0.00, then any promotional product will be discounted from the normal retail price based on the value entered in the field dollar amount reduced from price field (e.g. $5).
c. Then click Range or Next to add products to the promotion (both buttons open the same screen).
Note: The editable fields are determined by the type of promotion that you have selected.Now you can proceed to adding products to your created promotion.