Symbion Daily MNPN Updates will add new product information and update existing product information, e.g. alternate barcodes and PDEs. This update will not change your retail pricing or current unit costs.
It is recommended that you set up automatic updates for Symbion Daily updates to ensure that you have the most recent product information available.
This is not the Symbion Wholesaler update.
Set up automatic Symbion Daily updates
1. From Stock Manager, click the File menu, click 7. MNPN Updates and select 1. Supplier MNPN Updates.
The Manage Supplier MNPN Updates window is displayed.
2. By default, the Symbion 06080 (Symbion Daily updates) supplier is populated.
3. Double click Symbion Pty Ltd or select and click Change.
The Supplier MNPN Update Configuration window is displayed.
4. From the Type dropdown box select Automatic Update.
5. Select the checkboxes for the Update Options you wish to apply each time the Symbion Daily file is imported.
6. Click OK to save.
7. The Manage Supplier MNPN Updates window is displayed and the Symbion supplier now has an '' icon and is displayed in blue to identify that automatic updates have been set up.
8. The Symbion Daily update will be collected automatically when a new update becomes available.
Supplier MNPN Update Options
Import Alternate Barcodes
Selecting the Import Alternate Barcodes checkbox will import any additional barcodes which are not already attached to the product in Product Maintenance.
It is recommended that this checkbox is always selected.
Update Minfos Departments
Selecting Update Minfos Departments will import Minfos created Departments into the Category field of each product in the stores database.
Importing Minfos Departments is not recommended.
Update Product Names
Selecting Update Product Names will import Minfos Master Database product descriptions to the store product descriptions. Selecting this option will alter any changes that the store has made manually to a product when collecting the MNPN update for that supplier.
It is recommended that this checkbox is always selected, unless you are live with The Hub.
Update Items in Pack
Selecting the Update Items in Pack checkbox will update the items in pack for non-drug products where the supplier provides this information. This is beneficial for DoseAid & Meditec stores to ensure the pack quantity is updated into the Virtual Pillbox.
Update Alt Supplier Information
Checking the Update Alt. Supplier Information checkbox will import supplier information for all suppliers which stock any products within the MNPN update that is being collected.
Leaving Update Alt. Supplier Information unchecked will only import supplier information for the supplier of the MNPN update which is being collected.