Make time efficient and cost effective purchasing decisions by generating orders. It gives you the power to order the products you want, when and where you need it.
Key order generation options
There are many options available for generating an order. You have the flexibility to select and alter the criteria for the products that are ordered. A few key options that can be varied when generating an order include:
- Number of days – generates products for required number of days.
- Content of the order, dispense or retail – ability to define generated products in the order.
- Companies or categories – ability to base the order on specific companies or categories.
- Negative Stock on Hand – includes products that have been sold (within the order period) that are marked as stocked or have a negative stock on hand quantity. Depending on the option selected, this will generate a quantity either bringing the stock on hand levels up to a zero or positive quantity.
When generating an order, any products within Order Maintenance are taken into consideration as stock on order, regardless of the order status.
Minfos will not re-order stock already on order, unless the current quantity and current stock on hand (SOH) does not cover the order period selected, except where Include Out of stocks is selected and the current SOH is zero.
Generating an order should not over stock the store, with the condition that the current SOH levels are accurate, the minimum order quantities have been correctly set up and minimum and maximum shelf holdings have been reviewed and are correct.Factors that affect product selection when generating an order:
- Products must be allocated to the correct suppliers, companies and categories.
- Products must be flagged as stocked.
- SOH quantities must be accurate.
- Sales history will always look at three times the order period for historical sales.
- Current orders in order maintenance.
- Minimum shelf holding.
- Maximum shelf holding, limiting the quantity which Minfos will order – overriding quantities.
- Minimum order quantities and multiple quantity orders.
Generate an order
To generate an order:
1. From the Minfos Launch Pad, click the Stock Manager icon. The Stock Manager window is displayed.
2. Click the Order Maintenance icon.
The Order Maintenance window is displayed.
3. Click Generate.
The Order Generation window will display.
The Order Generation window will default to your pharmacy’s preferred wholesaler.
4. To change the supplier, type the supplier name and press [Tab] to search.
5. In the Supplier Search window, select your supplier and click Okay.
6. From the Category dropdown list, select one of the following:
- Price Policy
All categories need to be well maintained to ensure the correct products are generated in the order. It is not Minfos best practice to generate a daily order based on your categories.
7. In the From Dept. and To Dept. add a range of Departments that will determine the products that will be generated in the order.
If a product has not been correctly assigned to a department (or other category) the product will not be generated in this order.
8. In the From Company and To Company add a range of companies that will determine the products that will be generated in the order.
This is ideal for turn-over orders or company specific orders when a sales representative is visiting your store. If the order you are generating is a turn-over order, then select the company in both the From Company and To Company fields.
When generating a daily wholesaler order, it is recommended the company fields are left on the default.
9. In the Description you can enter a description of the order.
Minfos recommends that you add a brief description of the order content, date and the staff member initials, e.g. Daily OTC 20/09 SZ.
10. The Order Date field defaults to the day in which you are generating the order. However, it can be adjusted for seasonal ordering.
11. In the Order Period in Days field enter the number of days until the order is required to be generated. This will bring your current SOH up to this amount of days.
The Order Period in Days will take the number of days entered, multiple it by three to view the sales history for that period of time. Then, it takes into consideration the current SOH levels, retail units, minimum shelf holdings, minimum order quantities, order multiples, maximum shelf holdings and generates products on the order accordingly.
12. In Delivery Time field add the number of days that you calculate it will take for the stock to arrive into your store and potential stock amounts sold in this period. This field can be altered to vary the quantity of products generated to cover the delivery time.
13. The Z Factor field defaults to 30.00, this value can be altered if required (0.00 to 99.99). It is a statistical formula which is based on standard deviation and the normal distribution curve. Used for expected growth of sales dependent on sales history, SOH and current orders.
Like a buffer that can assist if you are experiencing strong sales, by increasing the z factor, the system will slightly increase the quantity required.
14. The Shelf Pack Rnd defaults to 80.00%. This field indicates that 80% or more of a shelf pack, retail unit or order multiple is needed before another shelf pack, retail unit or order multiple will be generated in the order. This percentage can be adjusted if required.
15. The Round Up After defaults to 4. This value can be altered if required. Round up After will either prompt an increase or decrease rounding on products when a shelf pack, retail unit or order multiple quantity attached.
For example: When Round up After is set at 4:
- When the generated quantity is 7 the order will round up to 10
- When the generated quantity is 23 the order will round down to 20
16. There are three types of Order Type, normal, out of stocks and usage only.
- Normal: Generates only products flagged as ‘Stocked’ and creates an order based on sales history and current stock on hand. This is the Order Type Minfos recommend.
- Out of Stocks: Generates products flagged as ‘Stocked’ and creates an order for all products with a zero stock on hand, with the option of including Negative stock on hand products. These products are included in a Normal order, when the Include Out of stocks (last 3 months) check box is checked.
- Usage Only: Generates an order based only on what has been sold or ‘used’ for the selected date range. There is an option to select ‘Stocked Only’ and only include products marked as ‘Stocked’.
17. From the Order Content drop down, select one of the following:
- 1. All Products – a generated order with this order content will include all products, regardless of what A.R. Code has been set in Product Maintenance.
- 2. Dispense – a generated order with this order content setting will only include products that have an A.R. product code of Sale1000 in Product Maintenance.
- 3. Retail - a generated order with this order content setting will only include products that have an A.R. product code of Sale2000 in Product Maintenance.
18. In the Use Default Suppliers you can action one of the following:
- Check – will only generate products where the supplier for this order is set as the preferred supplier in Product Maintenance. Minfos recommends checking this box.
- Leave unchecked – will generate any products where the supplier for this order is set as an alternate supplier in Product Maintenance. Minfos does not recommend un-checking this box when generating an order for your secondary wholesaler.
19. In the Include Negatives you can action one of the following:
- Check – will include products that have sold (within the order period) that are marked as stocked, have a negative stock on hand quantity and generate a quantity which brings the product stock on hand to a positive quantity.
- Leave unchecked – will include any products that have sold (within the order period) that are marked as stocked, have a negative stock on hand quantity and generate a quantity to replace the stock on hand to zero.
20. In the Include Out of stocks (last 3 months) you can action one of the following:
- Check – will include products that are marked as stocked, but have no stock on hand, where the product has been sold in the last 3 months. Caution: With this field checked and even if products are currently on order, they will generate on a new order if they have zero SOH and have been sold within the last 3 months.
- Leave unchecked – will only include products that are marked as stock that have been sold in the order period time three, e.g. 7 day order, products must have been sold in the last 21 days.
21. In the Include Uncollected Scripts you can action one of the following:
- Checking – will consider any products which have been dispensed but still waiting at the Till to be purchased as items sold. Minfos recommend you check this box.
- Leave unchecked – will consider the products which have been dispensed but waiting at the Till to be purchased, as part of the stock on hand quantity and will not be replaced.
22. Review your order prior to sending and click Okay to generate the order.
Once your order has generated, it will appear in the Order Maintenance window with a Created status.